• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2019 King of the Hammers Schedule

I dont know the rules just going off what was said in the comments of that picture. Some how Shannon broke a rule or something not sure. The one that they were bitching about the most was the trackers not working or the EMC where they extended the time for the jeep truck.

I guess some trail skipping happened in 4400. If you skip a section, the penalty is 5x what that trail would have taken you to run. In the past the strategy was, if you're broken and can't make the trail, skip it and take the penalty and hope/beg for forgiveness and plead ignorance. Dunno who or what trail

0c4fc93e0786e13fa8f0d1daaff099e3.jpg

5d29085812f6019faac55265241b1b45.jpg

fd7edb45431ea99f1a44f8f5612901c2.jpg

6614d39dc0aea04e09be7efd5f36e532.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blacksheep10 said:
Rolling down road, autocorrect. Cheech was cool as the other side of the pillow. Matt Howell gave him and his daughter a ride around the short course and a rock or 2. We asked Cheech how the ride was and he laughingly made a puking sound laughing1 His Daughter was down and was letting go of the grab handle to film the ride.

That is rad ! i wondered what the story was on him being there when y'all started posting pics of him ! Killer

Eddyj said:
0c4fc93e0786e13fa8f0d1daaff099e3.jpg

The two people meme: Shannon Welch left Ultra4 before KOH and was a key member of Race Ops. Not sure about the bearded fella though :dunno:

5d29085812f6019faac55265241b1b45.jpg

The Chris May meme: according to his tracker, he skipped Outer Limits and Spooners on the 3rd lap. I know they had tons of issues with trackers on Friday, so no idea whether he ran though trails or not. However, I did noticed several Lap 2 guys running those trails when they weren't supposed to be on them until Lap 3.

fd7edb45431ea99f1a44f8f5612901c2.jpg

The Evo Manufacturing/KMC JK vs Gilbert's meme: according to Mel Wade (JK driver), their lift/link system is so advanced that he's not eligible to race in any of the EMC Classes so has to race 4400. Despite liking Gilbert and Miller Chassis, I do think he has to bump up into the 4400 class vs the 4800 class though.

6614d39dc0aea04e09be7efd5f36e532.jpg

The Welcome to KOH 19 meme: easy summary "If Dave says it races/is legal, then it races/is legal."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone correct me if I am wrong or add in additional info as needed.

Also heard about Shannon having a winch rope wrapped around his axle. I know he doesn't hesitate to drive over or around rigs. I just assumed he got ahold of someone's rope. You'd think you'd feel that one when it happened if he really ran over and snagged it.

How in the crap would you even begin to hide parts with a course that big? I'd stash my backup driveshaft and break on the complete opposite side of the course.

The Luke said:
How in the crap would you even begin to hide parts with a course that big? I'd stash my backup driveshaft and break on the complete opposite side of the course.

My thoughts as well ...

The Luke said:
Outside help. You have a "spectator" with a radio on your freq grab **** and haul to desert on the path you're headed towards. This spectator is likely a team member with wheels that aren't stickered and looks like just a guy watching the course at a remote spot that pauses and moves on. You can't make next pit as there is a rock trail in front of you and your shaft/steering/tire/wheel/etc is broken, but you can make it to where the **** is stashed and fix, continue to pit. There were a couple of times that an axle that miracled it self out of a bush before a rock trail would have come in handy but we never planned that well.

blacksheep10 said:
Outside help. You have a "spectator" with a radio on your freq grab **** and haul to desert on the path you're headed towards. This spectator is likely a team member with wheels that aren't stickered and looks like just a guy watching the course at a remote spot that pauses and moves on. You can't make next pit as there is a rock trail in front of you and your shaft/steering/tire/wheel/etc is broken, but you can make it to where the **** is stashed and fix, continue to pit. There were a couple of times that an axle that miracled it self out of a bush before a rock trail would have come in handy but we never planned that well.

That sounds an awful lot like an eyewitness account of events that may or may not have taken place before... laughing1

Honestly, not at all, but it is easily doable on that many acres. There are so many remote spots you could drop something and only the person headed that way would know that spot. I had been to some desert type stuff before, but never anything like KOH the first time we went there. It is BIG. Bigger than anything you can imagine on the eastern 2/3 of the US. Just ****ing massive amounts of land.

Always something in racing someone getting mad. NASCAR someone bumped somone, srrs someone cant race someone else's buggy, KOH people skipping the trail... Crazy. A couple friends went to KOH in 2016 and they rode trails all day. They didnt even watch the race other than the first few take off.

Looks like they officially assessed 300 minute penalties to Mike Bou (finished 13th originally), Chris May (finished 18th originally), and Brent Goegebuer (finished 19th originally) for skipping Outer Limits and Spooners on Lap 3. So that put each driver over the 14 hours allotted time so they all DNF'd.

https://ultra4racing.com/2019-nitto-king-hammers-official-results

And they assessed 30 minute penalties to George Pronesti and Chris Paiva for running Outer Limits and Spooners on their Lap 2 in stead of Lap 3. I know there were several other 4400 drivers that ran Outer Limits and Spooners on Lap 2 instead of 3, but they weren't assessed an penalties since they DNF'd anyway.

The Luke said:
They are allowed to per run the trails just like everyone else. So they could probably looked for a spot or two to stash some parts. Not saying it happen. But they had plenty of time to scout for a spot to stash parts.
But its racing. You are not cheating until you are caught.

Riles don't tell you everything you cant do. :dunno: Just what you have to do to race. molaugh

jeeppoor said:
They are allowed to per run the trails just like everyone else. So they could probably looked for a spot or two to stash some parts. Not saying it happen. But they had plenty of time to scout for a spot to stash parts.
But its racing. You are not cheating until you are caught.

Riles don't tell you everything you cant do. :dunno: Just what you have to do to race. molaugh

That sounds like a hell of a gamble. That course is so huge you'd never know where to put anything???????????

poolman said:
That sounds like a hell of a gamble. That course is so huge you'd never know where to put anything???????????
Or what to hide. It is more a thing of communication to the pits hey I am broke, return communication of hey 10 miles in front of you behind a funny looking rock with a solo cup on top of it there is the part you need sitting there as if it appeared magically.

Latest posts