• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2019 King of the Hammers Schedule

I listened to the race via earbuds at work and only watched on lunch and break. If I recall correctly, I thought I heard Miles at one point say that one of the cars was running 52s or 54s. Which one was that, or did I miss something?

5BrothersFabrication said:
I listened to the race via earbuds at work and only watched on lunch and break. If I recall correctly, I thought I heard Miles at one point say that one of the cars was running 52s or 54s. Which one was that, or did I miss something?

Matt Thorson drive's Hell's Bells, car #666. It has 54 inch tires, IIRC

I was there, no big deal.
46406916734_71bf58ec15_b.jpg

I was there.

In 4400 class 2 people ran outer limits and spooners on 2nd lap and were penalized 30 mins.

3 people skipped it and were penalized 300 mins.

The drama with the EMC is that the JT (gladiator) isn't a production vehicle. That doesn't meet 4600 rules. As well it has holes cut into the hood for cooling, again doesn't meet rules.

Finally, the race time was extended to allow the JT to actually finish, but notice wasn't given to all teams.

Several had stopped after chocolate thunder and returned to Hammertown due to being close to time cutoff despite being able to actually finish with the additional hour. They weren't notified and had no chance to take advantage of the extra hour.

Yes they should have kept going and tried to finish anyway.

It would have been better to not make explicit rule exemptions just for the JT, but I understand how greasing the correct palms work.

It will bring more eyes to the EMC as jeep uses it to advertise. There wasn't much/any coverage of the brand new JL racing, bc it is privately owned. Jeep decided not to take advantage of the free advertising of a private owned JL also racing.

I heard about parts stashed but haven't heard anyone confirm it.

It's difficult to explain how vast the area and race course actually is, without seeing it first hand.

Shannon Welch left ultra4 just weeks prior to the race, and from everyone I talked to, this is some of the reason things didn't work as well as normal. She did a ton of work behind the scenes that made things "glitchy" this year.

Another odd note, the announcers for the live stream of the shootout were in hammer town watching on live screen. They have somewhat uneducated production staff talking to them in headphones. This leads to some of the inaccurate tech and crap spewed during announcing. Shannon Welch used to be the one talking in their ear with pertinent and accurate info.

The announcers at the shootout for the spectators are different than the ones on the live stream.

The ones actually at the shootout aren't pg friendly for the live stream, but announce for the crowd.

The live stream announcers are more PG.

Latest posts