• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Busted knuckle Gold rush

Zjman said:
First off it's a amazing piece of art that will undoubtedly turn heads and perform but damn Luke ya post another mans build that's their best work to date then ya critique it, I'd say ur lucky he didn't get pissed but I got his passive aggressive response. Again bad ass build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Several of us on here have known Burkey for a long time, I'd assume he was just busting balls...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since when are we not allowed to critique things? How many times did mcutler get told that his drivers cockpit/ pedal assembly look incredibly tight or uncomfortable? He didn't get pissed or passive aggressive about it. He explained himself, both sides were seen and we moved on to continue drooling over his rig.

I stand by it. I thought it looked one way, turned out I was wrong. I thought a weld might have been missed or was left unfinished for whatever reason. Mistakes happen. I'm man enough to admit that I was wrong and cannot fabricate to even a 1/10th of the level most of y'all can on here.
That is still one of the baddest rigs I've ever seen. And absolutely cannot wait to see what it can do.

Hopefully Jake/Matt/the bk crew dont have any hard feelings. I have an enormous amount of respect for those guys and their level of hustle.

TBItoy said:
Several of us on here have known Burkey for a long time, I'd assume he was just busting balls...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X2. That's how I took it. I wouldn't say I was close with burkey by any means. Sadly never wheeled with him. But I've known him since 2007 when I was just a mall crawler and he would give me Jeep advice from behind the parts counter at advance/O'Reillys or while making his date wait when he was welding up my shifter on Valentine's Day(in a suit).

Zjman said:
First off it's a amazing piece of art that will undoubtedly turn heads and perform but damn Luke ya post another mans build that's their best work to date then ya critique it, I'd say ur lucky he didn't get pissed but I got his passive aggressive response. Again bad ass build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

I never expected things to get this crazy this fast but I am proud to be working with people who share the same passion I have for this sport.
I wouldn't trust anyone else with the Busted Knuckle Brand and am Proud to be in business with Jake and have the guys at the shop pushing the envelope.
We all went over this build and couldn't find a thing we would change, everything is methodically laid out and engineered to near perfection.

Stay tuned for the full build video and test and tune, :dblthumb:

jsburkey21 said:
Way more than i bid...

I could add up timesheets but i would say 80-90 man hours. Stainless headers are tough. Magnets dont work and everything has to be back purged. thumb.gif
@jsburkey21 Unless you really like giving money to your local weld gas supplier check into using a product called Solar Flux. Total time and money saver for stainless exhaust work. https://solarflux.wordpress.com/ 1 can will last you years.

sledneck said:
@jsburkey21 Unless you really like giving money to your local weld gas supplier check into using a product called Solar Flux. Total time and money saver for stainless exhaust work. https://solarflux.wordpress.com/ 1 can will last you years.

That's badass :eek:

sledneck said:

Man thank you. I have never heard of such a thing. Ill give it a shot and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the info!

sledneck said:

Quoted because this dude has some of the best looking welds I've ever seen. :****:

:rolf: the Instagram post about the Single piece drive shaft is classic. Even I knew what he meant and I can't build nothing. He won't get much fabricating done today cause he is going to be to busy correcting all the experts.

To reiterate what @money_pit_yj and @1TONTJ stated; there are double the hours of actual labor spent on brain power in ways of planning, measuring, and such. Holding this here... moving that component there... standing back, sleepless nights, drinking coffee, in my case- many pall malls...

Looks great Jake and BK crew.

Hats off!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I cant wait to see this buggy in person. For a newbie, he showed out at Texas in the attitude buggy. I was shocked he had that heavy of a foot for a noob.

Latest posts