• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tunes tech

skipnrocks

I am looking at some Bluetooth speaker systems for our trip to Moab for the buggy. I'm just wondering what people are using that are loud enough to overcome the engine noise

SBJeepn said:
I am looking at some Bluetooth speaker systems for our trip to Moab for the buggy. I'm just wondering what people are using that are loud enough to overcome the engine noise
Crawl tunes seem to be the setup of choice by most

If I was starting over I'd be seriously looking at the sounds bars (wet sounds, bazooka, etc). They work great based on the ones I've heard on the trails, and all self contained so you only have to wire up power.

I'm running a marine amp and a pair of wakeboard tower speakers. Using a JBL Bluetooth adapter on the amp to connect to the phone. It's a good sounding setup, and it's been working for like 5 years now. It's just more complicated to set up and install.

I have been looking at those also. That was one of the things I like about the sound bar also. Many of them are built for razors so I wondered whow good they would be with the noise of my

Here's a few pics on what I did on mine. The bazooka tube was replaced by the low-pro alpine. The bazooka was a better sub IMO, but took up too much space.

Attachments

• 20160305_173231_zpsxjvzg9kq.jpg
    20160305_173231_zpsxjvzg9kq.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 20160916_185407_zpsh1ejxpzr.jpg
    20160916_185407_zpsh1ejxpzr.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_20180112_122800-768x1024.jpg
    IMG_20180112_122800-768x1024.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 115
As someone who's currently looking for a dirt cheap bazooka sub, what'd you do with that old bazooka?

Sold it to Robbie W. A powered bazooka tube is the ticket for some easy bass if you have the room for it.

I've seen a few. Overall not bad. Don't expect earth shattering bass. Main issue is the open cab. But they're supposed to be decent for the money.

Side note, Pyle is kind of a joke in the audio world. (I'm running their amp though, so what do I know) They seem to have stepped it up in the last year or two.

Checkout kicker, kenwood or Rockford. I'd spend a little extra and go with one of these if you're wanting some real quality.

Definitely check out stinger. They are realesing an entire offroad line. I am very good friends with the president. They have a 700 wat amp water proof shock resistant and is tiny for a amp. Like size of iphone plus size. Nice 6.5 speakers with built in lights. Sound bars and other stuff just released or about to.

bgredjeep said:
Sold it to Robbie W. A powered bazooka tube is the ticket for some easy bass if you have the room for it.

Hell Yea, I used to rock the hell outta 2 of them in my 85 Yota Xcab :woot:

So I ordered the wet sound stealth bar. It will be here Friday. I am thinking of tunning the wiring inside the roll bar to get it from the roof down. My only concern would be rubbing and shorting over time. Anyone have any issues/concerns/ solution to this. I will put rubber gromets where it passes through the tubing.

Unless there some sharp barbs or something in there, I can't imagine that it will rub enough to short out. If it does, it will be way way down the road.

I just had to re do my trailer wiring it had shorted out from vibrating in the light box. But my buggy sees a lot less miles and has a much better suspension. Im sure your right and it will be fine.

I have no clue what kinda wiring those need. I assume power and ground. But could you sleeve it all a quality heat shrink then pull it through. No issues then.

I got my Wet sounds sound bar today. The wiring harness on it is pretty top notch. All the wires are in a tight bundle with a heavy shrink wrap over it. I will be installing this tomorrow. And hope it goes as smooth as it look like it should.