• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Our KOH Story, Condensed version VIDEO ADDED!!!

Re: Our KOH Story, Condensed version

JEEPKEVIN said:
Rancho Cordova March 22-23
Pittsburg Tennessee April 12-13
Davis Oklahoma June 14-15
Bedford Kentucky July 19-20
Reno Nevada October 18-19, Nationals, Super good race for spectators, stay in hotel, convince family to go, fun for everyone!!

ridered3 said:
Sounds great on the upcoming races. We will be at the races in April at Adventure Off-Road and July at Dirty Turtle. :dblthumb:

I am passing on Pittsburg TN but I will be at DTOR with the 4400 if it hasn't sold by then. I'm trying my hand at Dirt Riot east series this year. DTOR has been a favorite for me... tree dodging at speed. got a bad compression injury on the main jump last year in my previous 4400. I am hoping this one lands soft enough to keep my parts where they belong.

Re: Our KOH Story, Condensed version

JEEPKEVIN said:
Twin 7k torsion on a 32' enclosed. Looks like one axle failed, rubber torsion not bearings, which overloaded the other axle and allowed both tires to move up and rub on the inner fender well. Both tires blew. Honestly, the axles on the trailer weren't a name brand like Dexter. Not something the owner of the trailer had paid any attention too. The trailer is almost new and had carried his buggy on several trip without issue. Although these were 3 hour trips not 24 hours.

Off brand axles combined with being loaded to near max capacity plus 1300 mile trip at highway speeds over some pretty crappy high ways may have all been contributing factors. Trailer company is looking like they are going to stand behind trailer and warranty the issue. We had to leave the trailer about 12 hours from home, once fixed another road trip to go pick up.

My goose with Dexter 7k on leafs was near max, as usual, no issues. Freak problem, unsure. Just part of the learning curve of a new race team. Enclosed trailer will prob go away for something more substantial.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I was curious if they were dexter. Mine have been the best axles I have ever had and get abused. I have never heard of issues with them but was all ears when I read about your failure. My torsion saved my butt when a tire exploded and me running 80 on I65. The other tire took the load without shifting like a spring. Was a perfect smooth controlled merge off the road. Always weighing the pros and cons.

nice job on the video, great story and awesome finishing that race. Congratulations and thanks for sharing

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME GUYS, what a display of human performance and passion for the sport. Someday I would love to make that run and see for myself what it is all about, someday. Congratulations on an amazing 14th place finish too. :driving: :dblthumb:

ADMINISTRATOR

I wonder if the previous shock company was the factory "support" or a third party.

Good info. Awesome write up and video. I recall seeing y'all on the lakebed. I recognized the eco-staff logo. I think y'all weren't far from us in Hammertown

Latest posts