• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Truck night in America

DrankinInTheWoods said:
Hate to bump this thread back up and/or admit that I will/do occasionally watch the show, but did anyone see the episode with the chick with the YJ from Winfield? I will give someone the opportunity to respond before I comment further.

So I'm curious what your comment is on this?

I saw it. Too bad she hit the tree she had a shot at making it to the end with that rig

I like it, I think it's a great platform for the majority of the wheelers out there. But I think it's great to promote all aspects of offroad. I like watching everything from we-rock events to baja 1000 coverage.

I was signed up as an alternate for last season but never got the call. Figured what the hell, might be fun and it's like an hour down the road.

Watching the shows and how some of these folks are completely ready and willing to destroy their rigs for a little cash, I'm kinda glad I didn't get the call. Lol

Personally I enjoy watching the guys and girls who can't drive launching their rigs in the air. Blown air bags, even better. The dude in the Hummer a couple weeks ago looked like he was in a washing machine racing through the woops.

It's entertainment, and I generally find something entertaining in each show.

I really like the show. Its amature drivers and homebuilt budget rigs. I think they represent most of the wheeling community well. I liked watching the busch bros. I dont want to see it get tainted with pro drivers, such as we rock, bouncers, or u4 guys.. i think that will take away from the show as whole. To do a face off episode between the pro groups would be ok though.

**edit**
We do know that a we rock driver would win anyway between a face off of pro groups :stir: hahahahaha

Every time I watch the show I can't help but think it would be an easy 10k in the bank for me or about 70% of the people I wheel with.

lt99ls1 said:
Every time I watch the show I can't help but think it would be an easy 10k in the bank for me or about 70% of the people I wheel with.

This. I feel like i would dominate the course and it looks like fun.

lt99ls1 said:

Exactly. My wife entered me in this season but never got a call back. She was convinced I could win and we could use the money.

I'd bet they search social media and try to keep skilled hardcore wheelers out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You had to submit pics and a "build list" and then they call you for an interview. I didn't make it to the interview part, mine probably isn't pretty or different enough. From what I was told they wanted a good story and would even ask you to fudge it a bit to sound better.

SHOW-"So, what are you going to do with the $10,000 if you win?"

ME- "I am going to search Marketplace for as many barely running vehicles I can find so I can post them in the yard for my wife to bitch about"

DrankinInTheWoods said:
If I was on the show and they asked me if I had a name for my truck I would rattle off my VIN
I agree, the Whats your rigs name is stupid :gay:.

I haven't watch a single episode. I'm constantly getting texts and forwarded video from my family telling me I should try out. ::)
I thought they have had Jake Burkey and Travis Lovett on the show. They were saying they want to get rigs that are not Jeep or Toyotas on. They don't want hardcore rigs to show the general public how easy the course would be.
Anyways I listen to the Smoking tire podcast and they had Rob Parks "Bender" and the producer guy on. After listening to them talk I may check it out.

Plus Pistol Pete was always good to :stir:

I made the cut last year. They actually called me twice to come down and film, but each time they gave me less than a week notice. We own our business and can't just shut down for a week to film with that short of a heads up. Part of the deal is no phone or internet use during the day while filming (makes obvious sense). So I needed a couple weeks to either find a replacement for me here or to make arrangements to close for a week...
I was pretty excited to do it and was really looking forward to it.
I do enjoy watching it and seeing the rookies giving it hell

I think it would be fun, I wondered what the time commitment was for folks that got on. If it's still on next year maybe I'll make a run at it with the Wagon. :woot:. It's different enough and was my Dad's so it has a pretty cool story behind it

Latest posts