Hardline Crawlers
April 21, 2019, 11:37:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Calendar for all upcoming rides and competitions.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Linked Events
  • Ultra4 Race - April 12-13, 201: April 12, 2019 - April 13, 2019
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ultra4 Race - April 12-13, 2019 @ Adventure Offroad  (Read 2790 times)
BRUISER

« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2019, 01:23:57 PM »

Whoever that black XJ was in yall's class put on a hell of a show. What rig was yours?
White 2dr XJ

IMPAKS GARAGE.

Ken Carter
The Luke

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2019, 02:45:06 PM »

Travis, you’re thinking of straight jacket motor sports. Impaks was definitely giving it hell. But the big air of the day went to straight jacket. I think they were in a whole ‘nother gear when they hit that thing.
mac5005

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2019, 08:50:56 PM »

I recognize the Impaks Racing name, but not the Sweaty Metal Racing name.

Got any pictures of those rigs so I know who else to cheer for in Stock Class.

Great meeting you out there. 

5cottymac
dwa2469

22RTE Buggy,Yota Axles,39 reds

« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2019, 10:45:12 AM »

I’m terrible with names. But I’m pretty sure it was Dave? That came over while I was unloading Saturday morning and talked to us. He was cracking up at my 2 yr who was helping me unload. I think he even took pictures talking about how he was going to go viral.

Also, thank y’all for waving at him while in line to start. He had an absolute blast cheering y’all on.

Luke, it is great to see you enjoy all of the trappings that fatherhood brings. Knowing how hard it was for you to get to this point, it is nice to see.   Double Thumbs

Don Anders
The Luke

« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2019, 01:03:07 PM »

Luke, it is great to see you enjoy all of the trappings that fatherhood brings. Knowing how hard it was for you to get to this point, it is nice to see.   Double Thumbs
I appreciate that. It’s a blessing, that’s for sure. Seeing my wife happy is more than I could ever ask for. He pulled us both out of a pretty dark time.

There’s race cars in this picture. So we’re still on topic.
jeeptj99

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2019, 01:17:20 PM »

I cant wait for him to start getting to go on more trips with us. He was cracking me up all day Saturday. Between the fist bumps, telling me no no, and sharing his cheezits with me he made me laugh way more than you did.

Travis
Little tires, big heart

I feel the tires perform best at what can best be described as the jiggle equivalent to that of a middle aged mother of two's ass. Just right.  Cougar
dwa2469

22RTE Buggy,Yota Axles,39 reds

« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2019, 01:29:22 PM »

I appreciate that. It’s a blessing, that’s for sure. Seeing my wife happy is more than I could ever ask for. He pulled us both out of a pretty dark time.

There’s race cars in this picture. So we’re still on topic.
That Black buggy on the other side of your wife looks familiar, like a J-Duck built chassis, looks awesome

Don Anders
The Luke

« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2019, 01:34:00 PM »

Yessir. That’s #8. Even more impressive in person.
Pumpkin

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2019, 05:25:50 PM »

Wished I could have gotten to visit with people, but I was a little bit busy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ftoy516

NOT PART OF THE HERD!

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2019, 07:36:16 PM »

Yessir. That’s #8. Even more impressive in person.

I totally agree with this....  we had a chance to look this buggy over and it was flat out NICE.    I will say the pictures don't do it justice and the pictures he had in the build thread were great.

After the race was over and we had a chance to eat some BBQ, we finally got to meet Jduck in person ,  super nice dude with some top notch skills.

DON"T TREAD ON ME
Robbiem

« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2019, 06:17:45 AM »

I had a great time even tho I got yelled at for driving on the course after the race was over.  Still don’t get that one.
jeeptj99

« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2019, 06:24:43 AM »

I had a great time even tho I got yelled at for driving on the course after the race was over.  Still don’t get that one.

Who yelled at you? We did the same thing until someone's wheel spacer decided to try to fall off lol

Travis
Little tires, big heart

I feel the tires perform best at what can best be described as the jiggle equivalent to that of a middle aged mother of two's ass. Just right.  Cougar
ridered3

Not Rigless

« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2019, 07:42:21 AM »

This event was pretty cool. Wish there was a way to see more of the woods course but our group hung out in the field most of the day watching them on the straight and in the short course. The 4400 guys were flying through there and one stock xj tried to send it to the moon on the short course. If they do it again i would definitely go again. Weather was kinda bipolar throughout the day but overall it was good. Patrick got some good pictures maybe he can post some up.

Based on several talks with Ultra4 staff, they will be back to AOP next year.

Will get some pictures posted up later on.  We took nearly 900 pictures/videos from the weekend...

Tent: Freespirit Recreation RoofTop Tent (RTT)
Tow: 12' Ford F250; 4x4 w/ 6.7 Powerstroke
Toy: Polaris Gayzr 800s
Toy Hauler: 2000 Fleetwood Wilderness 26' Footer

Rockvale, TN
ridered3

Not Rigless

« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2019, 07:45:16 AM »

One of y'all helped the Rufus Racing #4404 car by moving the big blue trailer out so we could hook it to the bus. I wasn't out there for this race but our crew wanted to say thanks for the help!!! Team had a good race but the scoring keeping was a major issue. The race coarse reminded the guys of where we wheel in Oklahoma. So they pulled off the Treps and picked up some Stick SX and pushed the car hard!! Guys hit a try and bent a rim, tire didn't even burp!!! We finished somewhere between 3rd and 11th depending on where the scoring peeps decided to put us. Oh well, had a great time!!!

That would be me.  Was glad to help move the trailer and got a hat out of it as a thank you.  Your team was setup right next to us for the weekend, so had a good time meeting the rest of your crew.  Earlier today, I emailed a link to a Google Photo Album to the email address listed on yall's website of all the pictures we got of Rufus Racing.  Hope to see y'all again at Dirty Turtle in mid-July.

Rockvale, TN
ridered3

Not Rigless

« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2019, 07:50:14 AM »

Great meeting you out there. 

Same to you and the rest of the team.  Thanks to your team for relaying all the information from Race Ops radio.  Will try to get my radios programmed so I can listen in during the Dirty Turtle race in mid-July.

Wished I could have gotten to visit with people, but I was a little bit busy.

Glad we got to visit a bit here and there throughout the weekend.  Many thanks to you and the rest of the AOP staff for all the work involved to put on this race! 

Rockvale, TN
Pumpkin

« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2019, 03:14:10 PM »

Good chance it was because we had the people that own the property next to us blocked out for almost 2 days. Once the race was over they wanted to get back over to their place. Speedlimit on that is normally just 5mph. Would kind of suck to pull out of your gate and get T-bone by someone run 50+. But if you have never been then then I also understand you not knowing all of this. Normally go fast is for the lower field (track area).

The Luke

« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2019, 04:10:11 PM »

Good chance it was because we had the people that own the property next to us blocked out for almost 2 days. Once the race was over they wanted to get back over to their place. Speedlimit on that is normally just 5mph. Would kind of suck to pull out of your gate and get T-bone by someone run 50+. But if you have never been then then I also understand you not knowing all of this. Normally go fast is for the lower field (track area).

I always wondered about that gate/adjoining property. What’s the story on that? Every other trip I’ll see the gate open and a few rigs over there.
Pumpkin

« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2019, 04:26:41 PM »

I always wondered about that gate/adjoining property. What’s the story on that? Every other trip I’ll see the gate open and a few rigs over there.
That land has been in their family for years. They use it for hunting and just hanging out. He mainly only hunts through the week when no one is at the park. He is very cautious about which direction he shoots. And does not hunt if anyone is at the park riding.

The Luke

« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2019, 04:55:32 PM »

That’s pretty cool. Thanks for the info
mac5005

« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2019, 11:16:17 AM »

Same to you and the rest of the team.  Thanks to your team for relaying all the information from Race Ops radio.  Will try to get my radios programmed so I can listen in during the Dirty Turtle race in mid-July.

Glad we got to visit a bit here and there throughout the weekend.  Many thanks to you and the rest of the AOP staff for all the work involved to put on this race! 

Let me know if you need any help with the radio,

I can probably clone mine, and email you the file and talk you through how to use the free program chirp to clone it to yours.

Let me know about dtor, we plan to be there.

If need be shoot me a pm and I’ll send you my number for radio help. 

It’s nice putting names with faces from the forum.

5cottymac
jeeptj99

« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2019, 11:39:59 AM »

It’s nice putting names with faces from the forum.

You say that until you see how ugly he is

Travis
Little tires, big heart

mac5005

« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2019, 01:16:21 PM »

You say that until you see how ugly he is

Haha

5cottymac
JEEPKEVIN

« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2019, 07:03:38 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ34zq9Pn8s

Rufus Racing did another video our there. 3 mins with some good music.

We are gonna try to do one at each race for the rest of the season. Many thanks to our team member Chad Osburn for his time and effort to do this for us.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: