• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ultra4 Race - April 12-13, 2019 @ Adventure Offroad

I had a great time even tho I got yelled at for driving on the course after the race was over. Still don't get that one.

Robbiem said:
I had a great time even tho I got yelled at for driving on the course after the race was over. Still don't get that one.

Who yelled at you? We did the same thing until someone's wheel spacer decided to try to fall off lol

jeeptj99 said:
This event was pretty cool. Wish there was a way to see more of the woods course but our group hung out in the field most of the day watching them on the straight and in the short course. The 4400 guys were flying through there and one stock xj tried to send it to the moon on the short course. If they do it again i would definitely go again. Weather was kinda bipolar throughout the day but overall it was good. Patrick got some good pictures maybe he can post some up.

Based on several talks with Ultra4 staff, they will be back to AOP next year.

Will get some pictures posted up later on. We took nearly 900 pictures/videos from the weekend...

JEEPKEVIN said:
One of y'all helped the Rufus Racing #4404 car by moving the big blue trailer out so we could hook it to the bus. I wasn't out there for this race but our crew wanted to say thanks for the help!!! Team had a good race but the scoring keeping was a major issue. The race coarse reminded the guys of where we wheel in Oklahoma. So they pulled off the Treps and picked up some Stick SX and pushed the car hard!! Guys hit a try and bent a rim, tire didn't even burp!!! We finished somewhere between 3rd and 11th depending on where the scoring peeps decided to put us. Oh well, had a great time!!!

That would be me. Was glad to help move the trailer and got a hat out of it as a thank you. Your team was setup right next to us for the weekend, so had a good time meeting the rest of your crew. Earlier today, I emailed a link to a Google Photo Album to the email address listed on yall's website of all the pictures we got of Rufus Racing. Hope to see y'all again at Dirty Turtle in mid-July.

mac5005 said:
Great meeting you out there.

Same to you and the rest of the team. Thanks to your team for relaying all the information from Race Ops radio. Will try to get my radios programmed so I can listen in during the Dirty Turtle race in mid-July.

Pumpkin said:
Wished I could have gotten to visit with people, but I was a little bit busy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Glad we got to visit a bit here and there throughout the weekend. Many thanks to you and the rest of the AOP staff for all the work involved to put on this race!

Re: Re: Ultra4 Race - April 12-13, 2019 @ Adventure Offroad

Robbiem said:
Good chance it was because we had the people that own the property next to us blocked out for almost 2 days. Once the race was over they wanted to get back over to their place. Speedlimit on that is normally just 5mph. Would kind of suck to pull out of your gate and get T-bone by someone run 50+. But if you have never been then then I also understand you not knowing all of this. Normally go fast is for the lower field (track area).

Pumpkin said:
Good chance it was because we had the people that own the property next to us blocked out for almost 2 days. Once the race was over they wanted to get back over to their place. Speedlimit on that is normally just 5mph. Would kind of suck to pull out of your gate and get T-bone by someone run 50+. But if you have never been then then I also understand you not knowing all of this. Normally go fast is for the lower field (track area).

I always wondered about that gate/adjoining property. What's the story on that? Every other trip I'll see the gate open and a few rigs over there.

Re: Re: Ultra4 Race - April 12-13, 2019 @ Adventure Offroad

The Luke said:
I always wondered about that gate/adjoining property. What's the story on that? Every other trip I'll see the gate open and a few rigs over there.
That land has been in their family for years. They use it for hunting and just hanging out. He mainly only hunts through the week when no one is at the park. He is very cautious about which direction he shoots. And does not hunt if anyone is at the park riding.

ridered3 said:
Same to you and the rest of the team. Thanks to your team for relaying all the information from Race Ops radio. Will try to get my radios programmed so I can listen in during the Dirty Turtle race in mid-July.

Glad we got to visit a bit here and there throughout the weekend. Many thanks to you and the rest of the AOP staff for all the work involved to put on this race!

Let me know if you need any help with the radio,

I can probably clone mine, and email you the file and talk you through how to use the free program chirp to clone it to yours.

Let me know about dtor, we plan to be there.

If need be shoot me a pm and I'll send you my number for radio help.

It's nice putting names with faces from the forum.

mac5005 said:
Let me know if you need any help with the radio,

I can probably clone mine, and email you the file and talk you through how to use the free program chirp to clone it to yours.

Let me know about dtor, we plan to be there.

If need be shoot me a pm and I'll send you my number for radio help.

It's nice putting names with faces from the forum.

I'll take you up on the radio assistance. Will send contact info here shortly.

We will for sure be at DTOR for the race and watching from the spectator area.

jeeptj99 said:
You say that until you see how ugly he is

With friends like ^, who needs enemies.

Finally getting around to posting a few photos. Here's just a few to get through Friday morning before everyone was out prerunning.

Our setup:

Jack broke in the up position, so did some rigging.

RV spot was semi double booked, so we had Sothern Rock Racing's bus parked with us a Mattman's redneck crawler hauler. So we all really classed up the race team setups!

Loren Healy's tow rig. Borrowed to haul his teammate's Vaughn Gittin, Jr's rig

Vaughn Gittin, Jr's-Jimmys4x4 2 seat IFS Chassis & Pit Support Truck

Twisted Monkey Racing's-Tribe4x4 2 seat IFS Chassis

Big B Motorsports-Miller Motorsports 2 seat Chassis + spare tires for days

Cutler Fab's rig

May Motorsport's rig

Anthony Yount's rig-Blue Torch Fab single seater Chassis

Jay Sanders' rig & camping setup

Tow rig and trailer of UTV's from Southern Illinois

Wide Open Design Jeep TJ Chassis

Misc trail rigs

2nd chance Bouncer/narrowed Eaton

Straight Jacket Racing's tow rig & Stock Class XJ

Brain Caprara's Campbell Enterprises 2 seat IFS Chassis

Rob Matzell's FJ rig

Darrell Gray's Jimmys4x4 chassis

Duane Garretson's Come Get Ya Some's rig

Mike Feagins's Scooby Doo rig

Chris May on the race hills

Can-Am on the race hills

Kevin Porterfield's Wide Open Design 2 seat IFS chassis

Brian McVay's Wide Open Design 2 seat chassis

Vaughn Gittin Jr's Jimmys4x4 2 seat IFS chassis

Shawn Rants 4531 rig

There was a BMW wagon up top in the stacker trailer and their UTV's underneath

Shock Jesus's (Liberty Mountain Fab's) setup

Wide Open Design's RzR Chassis built for Nitro Circus' Hubert "Redneck" Rowland

That get's us through Qualifying on Friday evening. Will post those pictures later on.

Qualifying for all classes on Friday evening:

Erik Jokinen's Can-Am with Torq-Masters

Madram11 RzR driven by James Cantrell

Casey Gilbert's Miller Motorsport Chassis

Chip McLaughlin's Tribe4x4 Chassis

Bomber on Treps

Ken Carter's Stock Class XJ

Levi Shirley's Single Seat IFS Campbell Enterprise Chassis

Results by class at the following link:
https://ultra4racing.com/us-gear-tear-down-tennessee-results

Race Recap as written by Ultra4 at the following link:
https://ultra4racing.com/us-gear-tear-down-tennessee-was-one-books-0

I have a ton more pictures, but the website I use won't post the "Live Photos" that my wife took since they act like a video for 3 seconds. So that's all the photos for now unless I figure out a way around the website and Live Photos.

For the racers that were there, send me contact info (email) and I'll send you any of the pictures that I took of your race rigs etc.

With all that said, major thanks to Pumpkin (Benji) for all his work to help put on the race, many thanks to the other AOP staff/volunteers and the Ultra4 staff/volunteers that assisted in this race, and many thanks to all the racers/teams that came out for the weekend. I felt like the race was a success overall, with some small growing pains here and there. So here's to hopefully, many more Ultra4 races down at AOP!

Latest posts