• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tin Roofs

The Luke

School me on tin roofs. My shop/shed/carport has the corrugated asphalt sheets on it currently. Two got ripped off in the recent storms. Parts are sagging. It needs replaced. I reached out on the local fb group for Tin Roof contractors and every redneck from every corner of middle TN through their name in the hat. I've got a few coming to meet up to give an estimate. One Fb messaged me a quote(site unseen) $1500, or $1200 if i remove the old roofing. i'd love to get it done for as close to $1,000 as possible....

That said, i know nothing about them. So I wouldn't know if they were totally scamming me..

Just replacing sheeting. Approx 20w x 40L. Not sure on pitch. I'll have to get a picture when I get home. I do know it's an offset ridge. One side is approx 12'. Other side is about 6' and significantly steeper.

Found a picture.
0493a87ccf8ccca40e5c3b5070baac80.jpg

call your local metal store and ask who they recommend, they know who pays the bills and who is a return customer.

Metal gonna run ya close to a grand. I just built a 32x20 lean too and I had close to 900 in metal and contractors usually charge that for labor so I'd say ur looking close to 2k all said and done and add insulation and lumber for runners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No insulation. It's only closed in on 3 sides. #realbrokefolk #nottonyBbroke

Brush up on ur Spanish and go to Home Depot lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

money_pit_yj said:
The Coop can get Weather Tite Seconds and save you about 10 cents per foot.
That'd be alright.

The wife brought up a good point, why sink money into my shed/car port, when I just want to build a shop a few years down the road. Hard justifying $1200-2k when I could just put that down on a shop.

What's the going rate for a simple, gravel floor 20x30 pole barn? I'll run power myself.

The Luke said:
What's the going rate for a simple, gravel floor 20x30 pole barn? I'll run power myself.

If only there was a thread that had information from someone who wanted to build they're own shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts