• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sandblasting Cost

Beerj

Sonzabitches!
I've never had anything blasted before so I have no idea what a reasonable price is to pay. For any of yous that have had a full tube chassis blasted, what did it run ya? I'm not getting powder at the same time if that makes a difference but I'm waiting on a couple of quotes and am trying to see what's fair. Thanks

Also, I suppose it comes down to what it's worth to me since I'll be sanding it myself if they wanna sodomize me over some logs.

TBItoy said:
Why would you not blast and powder at the same time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm painting. Something I can do myself as well as touch-up myself with a near perfect match whenever I want. Plus, paint is cheaper than powder.

Re: Re: Sandblasting Cost

Beerj said:
I'm painting. Something I can do myself as well as touch-up myself with a near perfect match whenever I want. Plus, paint is cheaper than powder.
Makes sense. I thought you meant powdering later.

What type of paint and color

I painted as well, glad I did. I have changed a couple of things, and had to re-paint, can't even tell where I did

I've done several, painting a tube chassis and not missing a spot, get dry spray or run is a bitch and impossible.

Dirt700 said:
I painted as well, glad I did. I have changed a couple of things, and had to re-paint, can't even tell where I did
I've never had good luck with powder coat. As soon as it chips, the rust just goes under, bubbles up and flakes the powder off. I know paint will do the same but seems to take a lot longer. Maybe I've just been around cheap powder jobs though.

Hotrod23 said:
I've done several, painting a tube chassis and not missing a spot, get dry spray or run is a bitch and impossible.
Sweet, now I'm destined to mess it up. I guess if I have enough runs it'll look like I did it on purpose. Maybe highlight them like veins.

Why not por15 it and paint it? Or a similar product, I did mine that way but my pile is not sweet lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zjman said:
Why not por15 it and paint it? Or a similar product, I did mine that way but my pile is not sweet lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Oh trust me, mine isn't quite sweet either compared to what's out there. The primer I'm using is made to go over rust but I figured if I didn't clean it off I would end up with paint that didn't stick. I tend to 3/4 ass everything.

Beerj said:

Around here it's really close to the same price. Unless your gonna rattle can it. Good paint isn't cheap. Especially after you self etch the bare metal, buy primer, sand again, then paint. They make touch up paint in the same color as powder coat

Hotrod23 said:

My experience exactly. But if you are going to paint it, here is the gun to use: https://www.ebay.com/itm/AIR-SPRAY-PAINT-GUN-GRAVITY-FEED-PAINT-SPRAYER-W-71-2-0-Type/350422202564?hash=item5196ca78c4:g:m-wAAOSwN2VZPI2w&frcectupt=true
The cup swivels, so you can paint all sides. I always keep a new one as a spare and out of the 6 or so that I have bought, I haven't received a defective one.

If you want a different nozzle size: https://www.ebay.com/itm/ANEST-IWATA-SPRAY-GUN-W-71-Gravity-Feed-Paint-Spray-Gun-1-0-1-3-1-5-1-8-HVLP/113343066881?hash=item1a63c5f301:m:mWX5CfmYfzFbbqoz_Kg8yKg

Sawzall said:
My experience exactly. But if you are going to paint it, here is the gun to use: https://www.ebay.com/itm/AIR-SPRAY-PAINT-GUN-GRAVITY-FEED-PAINT-SPRAYER-W-71-2-0-Type/350422202564?hash=item5196ca78c4:g:m-wAAOSwN2VZPI2w&frcectupt=true
The cup swivels, so you can paint all sides. I always keep a new one as a spare and out of the 6 or so that I have bought, I haven't received a defective one.

If you want a different nozzle size: https://www.ebay.com/itm/ANEST-IWATA-SPRAY-GUN-W-71-Gravity-Feed-Paint-Spray-Gun-1-0-1-3-1-5-1-8-HVLP/113343066881?hash=item1a63c5f301:m:mWX5CfmYfzFbbqoz_Kg8yKg
I'm gonna look into that gun. I was trying to think of how you can spray overhead without dumping paint all over yourself. Thanks

Just got my first call back. He guessed it would be about 300 just going off the pics. Not bad and he can fit me in next week.

I used the one from harbor freight, I think it worked good. But I'm not a painter by a long shot, so it may not have been as good as what I thought :dunno:

Latest posts