• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2008 jku bolt pattern

jeeppoor

Trying to find the bolt pattern for 2008 jku.
I know it is 5 on 5.
But I need temp plate of it.
I want to make a axle puller. So I need the bolt pattern on to a flat plate the I can hook my slide hammer to it
I have looked on the new for a while and can not come up with anything.
One site said 5.5 inch circle. Tried that. It doesn't come out to 5 on 5.
Dose anyone know where I can get a templet for this?
And they are saying to measure from the outside off one wheel stud to the senter of the one across from it.
I thought you measured from center to center.

Re: Re: 2008 jku bolt pattern

jeeppoor said:
Trying to find the bolt pattern for 2008 jku.
I know it is 5 on 5.
But I need temp plate of it.
I want to make a axle puller. So I need the bolt pattern on to a flat plate the I can hook my slide hammer to it
I have looked on the new for a while and can not come up with anything.
One site said 5.5 inch circle. Tried that. It doesn't come out to 5 on 5.
Dose anyone know where I can get a templet for this?
And they are saying to measure from the outside off one wheel stud to the senter of the one across from it.
I thought you measured from center to center.
The bolt circle is 5". It is 5 evenly spaced holes centered on that circle, 72* apart.

Not sure what the hole size you need is.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I tried a 4.5", 4.75" and a 5" circle and it didn't work out. I will have to give it another try.

5 lug bolt patterns are measured from the outside of a lug stud to the middle of the stud directly across from it. So you will need a circle that is approx. 4 inches inside and 6 inches outside to cover all of the studs and still have some material around the holes

I think I finally have it. A friend brought over a aftermarket spare tire holder that hat had 2 bolt hole of the right pattern. So was able to figure it out with that.
What I don't understand is that lug pattern is 5x5 why do you measure it from the outside of 1 hole to the middle of the one across from it.
Why not center to center?

jeeppoor said:
I think I finally have it. A friend brought over a aftermarket spare tire holder that hat had 2 bolt hole of the right pattern. So was able to figure it out with that.
What I don't understand is that lug pattern is 5x5 why do you measure it from the outside of 1 hole to the middle of the one across from it.
Why not center to center?

Bolt Patterns for Wheels with Five Bolt Holes

The diameter of the circle formed by the bolt holes is not easy to measure on wheels that have 5 lugs. You can't measure from the center of one bolt hole to the center of its opposite because there is no opposite bolt hole. You have to guess where that opposite bolt hole would be. However, there are easy, alternative ways to measure the diameter of these wheels.

Bolt Hole Diameter

This illustration shows where the diameter of the bolt hole circle is measured on wheels that have 5 bolt holes. Notice that the measurement is from the center of one bolt hole to a point on the rim where there is no bolt hole. You must guess where this point is located if you want to measure the diameter this way. The next section shows other, easier ways to find the diameter.

Common bolt patterns for wheels with five bolt holes are:

5 on 4-1/2
5 on 4-3/4
5 on 5
5 on 5-1/2

5 on 4-1/2 trailer wheel

Alternative Methods for Measuring Bolt Hole Patterns

Consider these alternative methods to determine the diameter of the circle formed by the bolt holes of a 5 bolt hole wheel.

Alternative Method #1

An easy way to determine bolt hole circle diameter on wheels with 5 bolt holes is to measure from the center of one bolt hole to the farthest edge of one on the two farthest holes.

Common bolt patterns for wheels with 5 bolt holes are:

5 on 4-1/2
5 on 4-3/4
5 on 5
5 on 5-1/2

Measure bolt hole pattern on trailer wheel with 5 bolt holes

Measure from center of one hole to the outer edge of the other

Alternative Method #2

Another way to determine bolt hole circle diameter on wheels with 5 bolt holes is to measure center-to-center of adjacent holes and then compare the distance to those in the list below to find the circle diameter.

If the distance is:

2-5/8" - the bolt pattern is 5 on 4-1/2
2-3/4" - the bolt pattern is 5 on 4-3/4
3" - the bolt pattern is 5 on 5
3-1/4" - the bolt pattern is 5 on 5-1/2

Measure bolt hole pattern on trailer wheel with 5 bolt holes

Measure center-to-center between adjacent bolt holes

https://www.etrailer.com/faq-wheel-bolt-pattern.aspx

Latest posts