• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dumb question dumb topic. What you got

skipnrocks

So my kids buggy has one of those dumb lock style lug nuts and therefore we have to carry a specialty socket. typically we have all three buggies to gether and keep on in the tool box but its not always the case which made me think I should mount it to the roll cage somehow. Anyone have any ideas short of a tool bag to keep one secure, out of the way and ready in case needed?

I thought about drilling a hole in it and mounting it with a wing nut, but then figured that would be hard stuff to drill, also thought multiple zip ties but didnt think that would be reliable, Also thought hose clamp so far thats a front runner. Our trails go a ways from our rigs, I try to travel light but somewhat prepared so we typically have tools in the group, but not always in my rig.

SBJeepn said:
So my kids buggy has one of those dumb lock style lug nuts and therefore we have to carry a specialty socket. typically we have all three buggies to gether and keep on in the tool box but its not always the case which made me think I should mount it to the roll cage somehow. Anyone have any ideas short of a tool bag to keep one secure, out of the way and ready in case needed?

I thought about drilling a hole in it and mounting it with a wing nut, but then figured that would be hard stuff to drill, also thought multiple zip ties but didnt think that would be reliable, Also thought hose clamp so far thats a front runner. Our trails go a ways from our rigs, I try to travel light but somewhat prepared so we typically have tools in the group, but not always in my rig.

LOL you sound like some Engineers I work with that over think every little thing. zip tie that thing and go!

Yup.

Or get a prp bag :

BuggyBag-Measurements.jpg

Eddyj said:
Buy enough sockets for every lug nut. Tack weld a socket on to everyone... problem solved

...this is ****ing awesome.

I'mma 1-up it by saying tack on a swivel joint too. Never know might be at a bad angle on a hill.

Love it...

tonybolton said:
...this is ****ing awesome.

I'mma 1-up it by saying tack on a swivel joint too. Never know might be at a bad angle on a hill.

Love it...
That sound awesome going down the trail. Lol

Tap it and make it the shift knob. Dual purposeses!

put it in the tool bag, ammo can, cooler, or whatever other containment device you should have on a trail rig

Latest posts