• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ISO 80s Jeep Wagoneer Dana 44 front

There's one for $100 on Facebook in Cookeville tn

Thanks, but that one is a passenger side drop. I've put too much money in my NP241 to change.

From what I've read, 1980 or newer was driver drop.....1979 or earlier was passenger drop. I had a 86 axle and sold it. It was driver drop.

I am checking with an old guy here in Jacksonville florida that has some older jeep stuff laying around rotting. I think he is waiting for it to come back into vogue. Were all of the waggy axles the same width? he was thinking there were a couple of different widths for the truck and waggy.

So I guess this is where I don't understand wanting this specific axle. If it's that hard to find, what happens when it breaks? Part of the reason I kept my Dana 30 so long was due to available parts at literally every junkyard and every craigslist ever.

I tried to give away (scrap price) a complete running 80s wagoneer a few years ago... it even had the "desirable" driver drop wide track D44 front and centered diff rear...

No takers.

So I guess this is where I don't understand wanting this specific axle. If it's that hard to find, what happens when it breaks? Part of the reason I kept my Dana 30 so long was due to available parts at literally every junkyard and every craigslist ever.

Long story...but I started out with a Cammed 6.0 LS to put in my Jeep. I knew the stock axles wouldn't live under that motor. So I sold the stock axles. Later, I traded the 6.0 off on a rebuilt 5.3. I'm just looking for something that will live reasonably well behind the 5.3. I'm not building a hardcore off road rig. I just want something to ride my kids in, ride the trails in and hunt out of. If I don't find something soon, I'll look for a Dana 30 with a 8.8 rear.

I tried to give away (scrap price) a complete running 80s wagoneer a few years ago... it even had the "desirable" driver drop wide track D44 front and centered diff rear...

No takers.

I wish I could find somebody that looking to unload a basket case. From what I've read, the waggy axle is nearly a bolt in. That's one of the reasons I'm looking for one. But we'll see.

I wish I could find somebody that looking to unload a basket case. From what I've read, the waggy axle is nearly a bolt in. That's one of the reasons I'm looking for one. But we'll see.
A bolt in into what? They are all leaf sprung, there's plenty of info out there on the waggy axles and the 2 major differences through the years. Unfortunately waggy axles are harder and harder to come by these days.
Keep searching and you'll find one, or find a 78 ford hp and cut it down to 80s waggy width.

Kinda showing up late but ive got one in mcminnville tn for $100 bucks if your still looking. Unfortunately its the vacuum disconnect 44 from 84 but that can done away with a regular axle shaft and a seal . Im keeping the factory drive flanges.

I've got a driver drop, non disconnect waggy 44 front... I was gonna put in a XJ I have, but I could also use funds or parts for my buggy build. I'm in Bham.

I need some Toyota front axle parts, an ax15/nv3550 or an ax5, or any factory Jeep 4 cylinder auto transmission, a 14 bolt rear end, ummm... a Fuel cell, small radiator... If you got anything to trade.
Or I'll take $500 for the axle

Kinda showing up late but ive got one in mcminnville tn for $100 bucks if your still looking. Unfortunately its the vacuum disconnect 44 from 84 but that can done away with a regular axle shaft and a seal . Im keeping the factory drive flanges.
Thanks, but I'll pass on the vacuum disconnect

I've got a driver drop, non disconnect waggy 44 front... I was gonna put in a XJ I have, but I could also use funds or parts for my buggy build. I'm in Bham.

I need some Toyota front axle parts, an ax15/nv3550 or an ax5, or any factory Jeep 4 cylinder auto transmission, a 14 bolt rear end, ummm... a Fuel cell, small radiator... If you got anything to trade.
Or I'll take $500 for the axle
pm sent