• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Any heavy equipment mechanics on here

jccarter1

Just kinda wondering if anyone on here is a diesel or heavy equipment tech I have a trackhoe I bought that has been blowing black smoke and I understand that is over fueling and swapped injectors with no change. I dont really know if I need to be looking at turbo or injection pump it is a 2004 john deere 200clc if anyone has any tips or knows someone in the north Alabama area who would be willing to help figure it out it would be much appreciated thanks

Not really a heavy equipment mechanic but have a few suggestions. Check intercooler piping and boots also check end play on turbo. Basically wiggle the shaft and make sure it isn't flopping around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with the statement above. Sounds like you are getting plenty of fuel but not enough air. Start at the air filter and go all the way to the cylinder head intake. Restricted air or leaking/no boost.
We usually removed the air plumbing from the intake side of the turbo and check shaft play or drag.

If it is plumbed for a hammer, mine was doing that and the hammer switch was stuck down. With no place for the hydraulic oil to go...it just bogged and blew black smoke.

It used to have a hammer but now has hydraulic thumb and it is working fine I haven't had time to check turbo yet but that was what I was leaning to before I asked just was wondering if these machines had some common issues that it could have been

First I would look at the inner and outer air filter then do what was said above on all the pipes and boots and wiggle the turbo shaft. Have you noticed any fuel in the oil after it sits or just it gains oil on the stick that's usually a bad injector for sure If all that is good it could still be injectors or it could be the computer telling the engine something wrong like lift modes or it in fast tram mode etc.

Well I haven't had much time to work on the machine but I have been trying to narrow it down more and more I replaced injectors when all of this started and it didnt really help much I have also put in new fuel filters and air filters also replaced lift pump bc I have heard they are bad about making the injection pump go out if the lift pump is weak. The engine is throwing a code which is 1076 fmi0 and 1076 fmi10 which both are injection control valve whatever that is. I called john deere and I told him that code and he said it was injection pump but he also didnt seem very happy about me bothering him with a call about a machine that they work on so I don't know if he was just saying that to get rid of me or saying it so I would take it in for them to work on it. Also he said when the injection pump goes out it produces more fuel pressure than normal and in my experience that is the opposite of what happens when an injection pump goes out but I have never done much with this standyne de10 style pump

I talked to my son and he said the 1076 0 is "pump control valve closure too long" and the 10 is "pump solenoid circuit is moderately shorted". The diagnostic must be done with their laptop. He said it is more than likely the pump, but could be the ECU.