• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BMW M3 rig motor swap

I agree with you. It's the second customer I have had doing an LS swap.

I think it's like everything else. It's just so cheap and easy to get huge ponies out of an LS base.

Pulling big ponies out of an old B-mer is really costly. Then you're capped at HP, just like Fords

I think this motor swap has its place. Just not for my wheeling rig

Well I'm sayin forget all of your opinions. Lol

I'm gonna do this swap. I'll break WAAAY out of my comfort zone and share this build.

I'm waiting for this guy to drop it off for the LS swap then I'll go to work snatching the motor and donor harness etc

LightBnDr said:
Well I'm sayin forget all of your opinions. Lol

I'm gonna do this swap. I'll break WAAAY out of my comfort zone and share this build.

I'm waiting for this guy to drop it off for the LS swap then I'll go to work snatching the motor and donor harness etc

I can't wait :****:

I wish I had the time, money, and stubbornness to devote to all that work just for the joy of saying I did it.

Also, the I told you so's will be so much fun...

Got a french friend that put a BMW I6 from a 330i in a crawler.

He ended up hating it and took it out.

All I can add to the discussion and I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your swap !

Shoot I daydream about every day. Especially when I'm at my BMW dealer. I think about turbos, spankin Ray's new baby rig into the ground in a little drag race. Lol

I'm just waiting on this guy to drop it for the LS swap, then I'll snatch it quick like.

The hold up is he's a young guy and closing on a house so his priorities are elsewhere this moment