Votes: 6 11.3%
  • 43 sx

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • 43 Baja pro x

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
LightBnDr said:
Im great at bringing the dead horse and killing a thread. Lol

I run 42" reds and you just can't get me to feel good about any other tire. I have always felt reds are superior. You wheel the same area as me and fellasleeponthetoilet.

I really think the biggest difference is how your rig puts traction to the ground. A rig with a range of anti squat including rigs with way too much seem to do really well on a red.

A rig with none and leaf sprung seem to do better on an SX or trep. I think mainly because they tend to drive with a heavier foot just naturally.

I can't vote for anything but a red for you. I absolutely love mine and wouldn't run anything else.

Did they change the 42 red? I remember Cole ( mad Ram) said they weren't in the same category as 39 red, he actually said he would rather run a 37 over 42. That's coming from guy that's on the inside per say.

dwa2469 said:
Aren't the 42 reds a 20" wheel only?

Yes 20 inch wheel only. I've never really looked at them, always was told they couldn't hold a candle to a 39 or other stickys. But that just what I see on net, I have no experience with them. Only seen them in person once or twice.

anyone recommending 40" treps over 39" reds has obviously never owned a set of new krawlers :stir:

I've had a decent variety of tires and 39 reds are still my favorite hands down. I would run them now if I had the wheelbase to support them

just my 2 cents

Re: Re: Best sticky tire for my jeep

onetoncrawler said:
anyone recommending 40" treps over 39" reds has obviously never owned a set of new krawlers :stir:

I've had a decent variety of tires and 39 reds are still my favorite hands down. I would run them now if I had the wheelbase to support them

just my 2 cents
I'd recommend a 42 trep over a 42 red. A 39 red is in a league of it's own. Personally since I switched to the 43 sx , broke them in. They are hard to beat. Probably the hardest working tire of all of them. I'd never switch. The comfort of bashing on them and not worrying about side walls is the best thing to me.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Best sticky tire for my jeep

kmcminn said:
I have rode with every style of stickies minus the USD. I have never thought man if I had sx's I would have made that.
But if you had sx's you would have made that.... ????

Tube, ls , j76,14bolt etc.
88856857d19f6a4dcf1bfc7a34acb4f3.jpg
d6cc71c55e97f4626271670826d9c69d.jpg

496 BBC, 14bolts, she heavy...only other tire Id buy would be 45sx. Smaller rig, 39s everything else 43s, just my .02

Bahahah And he thought it was a dead horse. We will beat the crap outta this horse

Hey at least it's a half way decent conversation, you would be surprised how little this happens on forums anymore

Oh..... lol
But seriously was a good question and it gets guys talking. What are you leaning towards.

I ran across set reds for 1400, they look like new. Guy says maybe 4 rides on them with 4 cylinder turning them. Bad is one tire does have a sidewall gouge, but don't leak and none have been plugged or vulcanized. I've pretty much ruled the treps out, if I went 42 trep route, I think I'd just go ahead and get the 43 sx, after hearing everything everyone has said so far. I'd like hear more about the Baja pro x or least see them working in a crawling atmosphere and not hill killing. I can't risk 3 grand and they be a flop for my purposes. So yeah still undecided, but definitely narrowing it down.

I think one important aspect that has been grossly overlooked is does your rig have turf mode and how often do you use it.