• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2012 Ram hydro brake system install

Suzuguy

Hey All,
Needing to pick everyone's brain for thoughts on this. Currently have a crawler YJ with 1 ton in the front and Currie high 9 in the back. Front has disc brakes and rear has drums with a Navajo Brakes dual master cylinder and 8" booster which recently failed. I have heard of multiple people using brakes systems from a Gen 2 Dodge and it worked great but, I have a wreck 2012 Ram 2500 with absolutely nothing wrong with anything inside the engine compartment and my brother in law has a hydro boost brake system on his crawler that works great soooo, my question is:

IS IT FEASIBLE to install that brake system from my wreck truck and install it on my Jeep AND how much work do you think it would entail seen as how I already have hydro steering on my crawler?
I need help with the thought process!

Yes it is feasible. There may be fab work for the pedal, and the lines, hoses to the pump and orbital. I have hydro boost and like it.

I was curious because no one has specified what donor vehicle their hydro boost came from but I'm guessing that really doesn't matter?

I would think you can use pretty much any hydro boost system on any vehicle if you are willing to jump thru the hoops to make it work. In vehicles that I was transplanting a hydroboost in place of an existing booster, I generally tried to choose one with a master cylinder that is compatible with the brake lines already in place. You can fab new lines easy enough but it is one less thing to worry about if you have the choice. Of course there are some adapters out now that were not out a few years back. Your steering pump reservoir needs to have the second return line in it for the hydroboost. You can weld one it if you don't have it. Other than those two items the bracket, hosing , and pedal all have to made to order usually no matter which boost system you choose unless you buy a kit.

Latest posts