• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Diesel Power Challenge

jeeptj99

c36b255f59556884cc6c61d7c5208653.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironic I just build a 7.3 and swapped mine in my 02 F250. Fired it up and found a crack in my front cover as well. It was in an area that sees engine oil pressure. Pulled it back out and swapped the covers. Test drove yesterday. Feels strong.
Hope Matts luck turns around.

His truck is a monster and is truly daily drive capable. Outside of human error it is just about bullet proof. Every other "World's Strongest" this or that is a temperamental, finicky, time bomb.... Matt's 7.3 is a tame kitten... until you stand on it.

muddinmetal said:
His truck is a monster and is truly daily drive capable. Outside of human error it is just about bullet proof. Every other "World's Strongest" this or that is a temperamental, finicky, time bomb.... Matt's 7.3 is a tame kitten... until you stand on it.

I give him A LOT of **** when we ride about Fords and 7.3's but his truck is a beast. I hope him or the guy in the 12 valve wins. Be good to see one of the dinosaurs win it.

Everybody can keep they're 80k diesel trucks. 7.3's are the **** and reliable as hell. Good luck Matt. Pulling for ya man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes it is his white one. Comes to AOP all the time pulling his tow hauler with it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Matt and crew have had a rough competition for sure. :****:

Blew a head gasket, two pistons, and front cover during Tuesday's Dyno event (Video below). Still put down 880+ Horse and 1870+ Torque, uncorrected.

2019 Diesel Power Challenge Presented by XDP—Day 1

Worked most of the night/Wednesday morning to fix it in time for the 1/8 mile 11,500 pound Trailer Tow Drag race (video below). Completed that event in a little over 13 seconds.

Then blew the turbo up during the 1/4 mile drag racing Qualifying, but still Qualified as one of the 8 trucks to race heads up. Missed his first round of the Drag Racing though.

They swapped turbos etc and completed the Trailer Obstacle course in 3rd or 4th place.

2019 Diesel Power Challenge Presented by XDP—Day 2

Thursday around 2:30 Central Time, will be the last competition of the event, the Sled Pull. Use the YouTube link above to find Thursday's broadcast when it goes live.

I've always known Matt to be a positive guy, but after that string of breaks during a major competition, you'd expect a guy to be a bit down etc. But not Matt. Every interview they have done with him he's been smiling and laughing. My hats off to him for keeping the positive attitude despite all the issues.

So Im'n not sure where Matt ended up placing overall (they only announce the Top 3), but he won an award from Gale Banks for Best Intercooler, and won the Spirit of DPC award too. thumb.gif

That dyno video. Daggum it Matt. At 48:34, you jinxed yourself. "I don't want to be working on it all night". Lol

I really did not want to be working on it but **** happens...

Carnage includes:
Turned on the sencond and third stage of nitrous WAY TOO SOON and blew BOTH head gates, cracked two pistons, broke the front cover where the water pump rides.

Drag racing I killed the S400 turbo and could not get it swapped in time to make my elimination round.

Sled pull I broke the rear yolk because I could not get it to NOT HOP so I just put the pedal down lol!!! :rolf:

You did really well on the trailer obstacle course though. I know you were worried about the bumper pull trailer but you did really well I thought. That was the only thing i got to see you run live. No one can say you guys didnt give it everything you and the truck had. I blame Steve on the breakage :rolf: :rolf: