• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Vacuum Brake Bleeder Recommendations???

ridered3

Not Rigless
Searched the forum for this topic, but didn't find a stand alone topic, so figured I'd start one.

Like the thread title says, looking for recommendations for a Vacuum Brake Bleeder setup. While I don't bleed brake system frequently, I always regret not having a vacuum setup when the time comes around.

So what do y'all like/dislike/recommend?

Re: Vacuum Brake Bleeder Recommendations?

I've got a little hand pump vacuum bleeder. I hate it with a passion. Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing. But it's the worst investment I've ever made.

Mityvac is a good pump. And reasonably priced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jeeptj99 said:
I'm with Luke i hate using them. Get Erica to push peddle and be done with it :dunno:

That was our "date night" on Thursday of last week when she got home from work. Figured with a Vacuum Bleeder I could have wrapped up the brake job on the RzR earlier in the afternoon.

The handheld has always worked well for me.

I think the reservoir container is way too small to be a brake system bleeder. You have to empty it 30 times during the process.

The kit comes with 27 attachments so for me the key was to toss everything but 3 hoses and the container.

It's been handy but personally I prefer somebody else's foot on that pedal before I call it done.

I'm actually a big fan of gravity bleeding. Crack bleeders open and crack a few beers and watch em drip

Zjman said:
I'm actually a big fan of gravity bleeding. Crack bleeders open and crack a few beers and watch em drip

Exactly! Does half the work for you

LightBnDr said:
The handheld has always worked well for me.

I think the reservoir container is way too small to be a brake system bleeder. You have to empty it 30 times during the process.

The kit comes with 27 attachments so for me the key was to toss everything but 3 hoses and the container.

It's been handy but personally I prefer somebody else's foot on that pedal before I call it done.

Good to know. My thinking was to do the initial bleed via vacuum, then do a final bleed with a 2nd person's assistance.

Zjman said:

May try the gravity bleed method next time around.

If you're just doing garage build stuff, I would have never bought one.

I needed it at the time to test vacuum modulators then it came in handy working on junky old vettes pulling rear radius arms and such. Then having to suck the fluid to get it going.

I rarely have a use for one at home

LightBnDr said:
If you're just doing garage build stuff, I would have never bought one.

I needed it at the time to test vacuum modulators then it came in handy working on junky old vettes pulling rear radius arms and such. Then having to suck the fluid to get it going.

I rarely have a use for one at home

For me, it would only be used a handful of times in a given year, so good to know another opinion on the bleeder.

On our juggy I made up our own. Went and go a new cap for the mater cylinder. drilled a hole in it for a air fitting. Filled master cylinder. Hooked up a air regulator in line to the master cylinder. Set air regulator to about 10psi (didn't wat to over pressurize the system. I know the factor hits em with a higher pressure.).
And cracked open the bleeder screws one at a time. furthers one first. Kept eye on fluid in master cylinder.
When air stoped coming out bleader screw. Close it and moved on to the next one until I did all four.
Worked great.