• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Full size rigs

BamaReno

Who else wheels a full size rig? After a couple different Toyota's, I'm putting together a 79 k10... Got tired of being cramped and not having any power. Gonna be interesting to see how it goes/fits at the local riding spot

I've always wheeled full size rigs. I use to wheel around Mt Olive, Gardendale, Hayden and at GrayRock. But now I mostly just go to Stony Lonesome. I've never had any trouble being in a full size rig.

MoparMan said:
I've always wheeled full size rigs. I use to wheel around Mt Olive, Gardendale, Hayden and at GrayRock. But now I mostly just go to Stony Lonesome. I've never had any trouble being in a full size rig.

Ever go riding over off castle heights road?

MoparMan said:
I haven't yet. But some buddies of mine have been going. I'm hoping to make it out there soon.

Its good but some of the trails get tight

I've always wheels a full size truck, it's been a while though because I've been building a Blazer forever. I've just recently got it to the point I can wheel it and how it fits just depends on the place, seems like the parks mid state or north have wider trails than down here on the coast. I found Boggs & Boulders to have small trails better suited for Jeeps / UTV's whereas Stoney Lonesome and Morris Mtn are much more roomy. Now, after the fact, I now find it feels too big with the 43's, 40's would probably be better.

full

nvrenuf said:
I've always wheels a full size truck, it's been a while though because I've been building a Blazer forever. I've just recently got it to the point I can wheel it and how it fits just depends on the place, seems like the parks mid state or north have wider trails than down here on the coast. I found Boggs & Boulders to have small trails better suited for Jeeps / UTV's whereas Stoney Lonesome and Morris Mtn are much more roomy. Now, after the fact, I now find it feels too big with the 43's, 40's would probably be better.

full
Nice looking rig.

We wheeling a 77 blazer on tins, big block and 44 for over 10 years. Played in the mud mostly. that was al there was in the north at the time.

Thanks guys. I've always played in the mud since that's all that's down in my area, I'm trying to learn crawling / climbing now with this truck. It ended up a little taller than it should have at 8" w/ 43's, probably should have stopped around 5" w/ 40's.

I love full size rigs so much, that I just bought another one last weekend. It's gonna be my daily driver/work truck, but my work is only 3 miles from the house. It's also gonna be a part time wheeling rig.
64c79f665222bc51822642c091a522b7.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I always liked those in that exact configuration (Sport RCSB 4wd) ever since 4wheel off road magazine had that (brand new at the time) red 97? Model that they put a bolt on 4" lift, regeared, some humvee 37s on and wheeled it all over. It was on the cover a few times too IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBItoy said:
I always liked those in that exact configuration (Sport RCSB 4wd) ever since 4wheel off road magazine had that (brand new at the time) red 97? Model that they put a bolt on 4" lift, regeared, some humvee 37s on and wheeled it all over. It was on the cover a few times too IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love them. The 1st new vehicle I ever bought was a 2001 RCSB 4WD Off Road package. I put a 3" suspension and 3" body lift on it with 15x10's and 35's. I'll try to find a pic of it to post.

I had a 2wd with a stick and the 3.9 V6 and that was damn good truck. Good mileage, surprisingly powerful towing a small rig, and you could get in the engine bay with the engine to replace the water pump.

These full size rigs are offering some good inspiration. I've considered building an armada trail rig because we have 3 kids. A V8 and all sorts of amennities would be nice with superduty axles and 40s underneath.

P said:
How many of y'all remember the Turd :driving:

I do, especially when dressed out if full race mode at Grayrock competing with the Big Dogs. The Turd floated a few punch bowls respectfully. :flipoff1:

ADMINISTRATOR

Latest posts