• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New Truck Tires...You pick em POLL

Which ones do you want to hear feedback on?

• Gladiator

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Comforser

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Maxxis RAZR MT

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Crosswind MT

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Atturo

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Hercules

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
Don't we have someone on here who can get us the hookup on some tow pig tars? If the money is right, I'd rather put my money in one of ya'lls pockets than a discount tire or whatever.

Looking for some 285/65r18 a/t's load range E. I'm honestly leaning toward the BFG ko2 T/A, but I'm open to suggestions.

Sadly almost nobody can beat online pricing shipped directly to you. I don't recommend amazon but you can use amazon to locate the actual origin of the tire warehouse.

Then call them directly to side step amazon. They'll ship directly to you. Seriously, nobody can beat that pricing

The problem I've run into with that is if you bring your own tires to a tire shop they charge you double or more to mount and balance and all that crap

The Luke said:
Don't we have someone on here who can get us the hookup on some tow pig tars? If the money is right, I'd rather put my money in one of ya'lls pockets than a discount tire or whatever.

Looking for some 285/65r18 a/t's load range E. I'm honestly leaning toward the BFG ko2 T/A, but I'm open to suggestions.

Check with Zayne and see what kind of deal he can get you.

A good friend of mine owns a mechanic shop/tire shop/wrecker service. He has always told me to go ahead and order them online and he'll mount them up for me. He doesn't mind just making the $ on the labor. He knows I can buy the tires online cheaper than he can get them from his supplier.

MoparMan said:
Check with Zayne and see what kind of deal he can get you.

A good friend of mine owns a mechanic shop/tire shop/wrecker service. He has always told me to go ahead and order them online and he'll mount them up for me. He doesn't mind just making the $ on the labor. He knows I can buy the tires online cheaper than he can get them from his supplier.

the problem with that is that Luke is an easy 2 hour drive each way from Zayne

smbroady82 said:
the problem with that is that Luke is an easy 2 hour drive each way from Zayne
Yea. I figured it was a long shot. But I thought it'd at least be worth asking

When I ordered tires I went through 4wd Hardware and Ebates. They do 10% cash back sometimes and that's when I ordered. Between no sales tax, free shipping, manufacture rebate and Ebates, I ended up at about $800 for mine.

The Luke said:
The problem I've run into with that is if you bring your own tires to a tire shop they charge you double or more to mount and balance and all that crap

I solve that by mounting them myself, and just taking them to the tire store for balancing.

drkelly said:
I solve that by mounting them myself, and just taking them to the tire store for balancing.
What is your home method for breaking beads ?

I have had zero luck bustin a 15deg tire bead with my slam daddy tire tools

LightBnDr said:
What is your home method for breaking beads ?

I have had zero luck bustin a 15deg tire bead with my slam daddy tire tools
Step 1 hook trailer to truck.
Step 2 place tire under trailer jack.
Step 3 crank that sucker down.

The Luke said:
Step 1 hook trailer to truck.
Step 2 place tire under trailer jack.
Step 3 crank that sucker down.

Not sure why I never considered that safer and more controlled method. I've done more tires than I care to think about using a hi lift jack and the bumper of my rig. Sometimes the jack wants to kick out before you get enough weight on the bead to break it. Fun stuff

After talking with some of the non-name brand tire manufacturers setup at the Off-road Expo in Nashville, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on Milestar Patagonia ATR's in the 265x70x16, Load Range D flavor for the wife's Tacoma. Since we now have a dedicated tow rig, I didn't need a heavier rated tire and 90-95% of the trucks usage is Daily Driver duties.

So here's the tire.
Milestar-New.jpg

Here's the Hercules AT2's after 42,000 miles.
Hercules-42k.jpg

And a side-by-side comparison of new vs old.
Comparison.jpg

So first impressions on the Milestar's after a weekend of driving is they are super quiet, balanced easily, and seem to have good traction on wet/rainy road surfaces. The Hercules were super quiet for the first 35k miles, but were starting to get louder as they wore. They also balanced easily and had good traction on wet/rainy road surfaces. We had a set of Mastercraft AT's on the truck previously that were awful on wet/rainy road surfaces and were also quiet loud.

I kept the Hercules tires and will plan to swap them onto our Dodge 2500. Previous owner put new 225's, Load Range C on the truck right before we bought it. So now it will have a bigger tire, with an appropriate Load Range as well.

Bringing this one back up. Still very pleased with the Milestar Patagonia AT's (originally I called them ATR's but they are the AT's) on her Tacoma. Only put 21k miles on them since the original post but still quiet, great wet traction, and tread wear as long as you rotate every 10k miles (knew that before buying them so no issues for us). Zero issues with balancing, aligning, shimmy/shakes, or weird tread wear.

Latest posts