• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Coleworx Terminator

TBItoy said:
As a measure of the actual power the engine is capable of... well you gotta use an engine dyno for that.

:dunno:

Chassis dyno doesn't tell you the output of the engine. It just lets you load the power train for tuning the engine (or **** measuring if you like to waste time and effort)
I've always wondered, does a chassis dyno show difference hp numbers depending on if you're in high or low range on the tcase? I'm pretty sure torque numbers skyrocket in low range but wasn't sure how hp reacts. And if so, then it would stand to reason that everything makes a difference. From diff gearing to tire size. You could have an identical engine in 2 different vehicles and get drastically different numbers.

Beerj said:
I've always wondered, does a chassis dyno show difference hp numbers depending on if you're in high or low range on the tcase? I'm pretty sure torque numbers skyrocket in low range but wasn't sure how hp reacts. And if so, then it would stand to reason that everything makes a difference. From diff gearing to tire size. You could have an identical engine in 2 different vehicles and get drastically different numbers.

Doing dyno pulls with more gear reduction typically result in a lower rear wheel horse power number. Some chassis dyno's can actually be programmed with tire size and gear ratio so they will compensate.

Alright, enough stupid dyno talk...
We spotted this rare creature in its natural habitat over the weekend. Impressive machine for sure, a few small tweaks and this one is gonna be hell on the trails.

4da8267aa2e5bff28fe030c53e297e5c.jpg

586965f5ba75bf4bed29941cccfc9f45.jpg

6dae7e97b9340b47517b00f90d74fabf.jpg

9b8ede29713ae4be34d77ffa0b1059d6.jpg

6392d985a75833b3ca383066978b89f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onetoncrawler said:
enjoyed it for sure! lost my phone but still had an awesome time. so glad to finally get some seat time :driving:

Glad you got to spend some time in the drivers seat on the trails! Hope to get to check it out in person soon.

Re: Re: Coleworx Terminator

onetoncrawler said:
You need to go with us soon

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

He's probably too busy catching catfish these days. :flipoff1:

ADMINISTRATOR

Unfortunately I've only had it out twice! Both times at HPO, last time was for the SRRS race so we didn't do much riding at all. Broady has a Cpl vids on FB.

Looking forward to riding Labor day weekend

Buggy was definitely not "that bad". It was the baddest rig I've ever owned by far. It exceeded all of my expectations