• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Which one?

Which wheel and tire set up should I run?

• Total voters

MoparMan

So I can't decide which one I like better. If I run the factory wheels I'm gonna have to get wheel spacers to keep the tires from rubbing the control arms. If I run the 15x10's I'm gonna have to do more lift or extended control arms to keep the tires from rubbing the fender on the back side. This is my daily driver, but I only drive 3 miles to work. And it will be an occasional light wheeling rig. Will post pics shortly. Thanks

Pics
304d500ecae84236dc877bc8d68a3c8f.jpg
9e86e140ffaa324d46906e0273765238.jpg
ca90bc47efd600fa6e3a0dbe3bfc7f43.jpg
84fe720cfd285e8d7dae06434cff4b1b.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of the stock wheels, but my opinion is absolutely go extended control arms either way. I dont like the look of the front tires offset to the rear of the wheel openings and adding more lift is going to make that worse.

Thanks fellas. Yeah Dave, I'm gonna go with extended control arms either way. Just don't know how soon it will be. So I'm probably gonna have to go back to the factory wheels for now, since they don't rub as bad. Still would like some more opinions/votes....

Stock wheels look better to me. The others look like 1994 wheels. And 15x10s you asking for the bead to pop off.. just my .02

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Paint will help those stock wheels. Cast coat iron duplicolor would look good.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I appreciate your opinion ranger11, but I want to clarify a few things. I bought these 15x10's new in 2001 and they don't make them anymore, so they're actually rare and valuable. They are forged aluminum, not cast. And the beads are really hard to break, even with no valve stem core and on a tire machine it's almost impossible.

I have thought about painting the factory wheels, but the silver finish is still in really good condition.

Make the wide stickie-outies work. Long arms, more lift, whatever.

And run some 35x15.50 SX or 35x16 Boggers. Or some ol 35xmillion MT Baja Belted.

Money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that was my truck (and that was my dream truck when I was 16 in the late 90's) I would make the aftermarket wheels/tires work somehow. Looks much better that way and gives it the right look for that bodystyle!

felipecj said:
If that was my truck (and that was my dream truck when I was 16 in the late 90's) I would make the aftermarket wheels/tires work somehow. Looks much better that way and gives it the right look for that bodystyle!

Thanks man, yeah I graduated in '99 and it was my dream truck as well. I never thought in high school that I would be able to buy one a couple years after I graduated. I will post a pic of the one I bought new in 2001 in case you haven't seen it.

5BrothersFabrication said:
Either way is a win. Both look good. Personally, I'd save the slots for an older 70s-80s rig.

Thanks Dooder. Yeah, the 15x10's were on my 74 Ramcharger......but I took them off just to try them on the truck. I may just put them back on the Ramcharger.

That's funny. I graduated in 98 and I bought that same truck in early 2000. It was maroon. Factory wheels and 33s though. Cut the exhaust off. Sounded so tough with just a cat. Lol

Then I fell asleep one night on the highway and rolled it. Totaled it. That's when I really learned how to push a truck to the limit. Me and my buddies beat the living snot out of that truck until the ins. company came to get it.

Anyway, I like the factory wheels over the sticky outies

Latest posts