• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ranger 6x6

money_pit_yj

Anybody ever ridden with or wheeled a Polaris Ranger 6x6? I have an opportunity to buy a paw paw special relatively cheap but it is a 6x6. Not sure if the extra axle is a liability in an off road setting or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

money_pit_yj said:
Anybody ever ridden with or wheeled a Polaris Ranger 6x6? I have an opportunity to buy a paw paw special relatively cheap but it is a 6x6. Not sure if the extra axle is a liability in an off road setting or not.

Man, I have seen one of those things climb some stuff I don't have the balls to take my rzr up. The guy was an old Jarhead and was Mr, Leafspring's uncle. Heck of a guy and he would wheel the piss outta that thing. I'd be all over it if I were you.

At work I've ridden 3 different ones, the oldest being a late 90s model, the newest being a 2011 800 efi, and the third being an early to mid 2000s, not sure of the size of the older two. I work for TVA and they are lineman hand downs, they inspect line right of ways and take them everywhere. Got a substation that sits on 40 acres and most of it is in a hole. I've took it thru mud, climbed fairly steep hills and banks, made trails with it. Was very surprised how well it did as far as climbing and it's pretty stable on hills. The the older two have ifs and straight rear axles and the newest one has independent front to rear. They all go good but the newest seems to do a little better but all three do really well. If I got one at a good deal, I'd rock it out in a heartbeat.

I had a 2002 500. I hated that damn thing... if u left the house on it u WOULD have to work on it to get home. Guess its a Polaris thing. Iv never had any luck out if the few iv owned. It would go up some **** it had no business going up tho. I hauled a bunch of firewood with it. Mine did catch a lot of hell. Probly because i didnt have any love for it. Hell my dad called it the pollock. I ended up trading it for a old case backhoe. Best thing i ever did with it
764df2cbc7dc99d9b938de3944c96dbf.jpg

I wheeled Saturday with one that was probably a 2014 or so model and a 800 . He was a old man but he ran the piss outta that thing. We're rode with a group of generals and razors and I have a 1000 ranger and he kept up all day in woods going pretty fast, he has a farm and pulls everything under the sun with it
33de4b1efe7b6a459bda2d5e25dd1dd9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was standing in that crowd when he was there, back in the good ole days! That's Tripp you here in the background running there mouth

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Latest posts