• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hardline Crawlers

Imo the only solution is get a bigger hosting package, install a second platform on a hardline sub domain, and have them both split off from the homepage. Lock this platform and use it only for reference.

I still don't know if that is better than just make do with what we have.

Either way. Stuff is moving forward. New site gets formed or this is a wake up call to update this site, doesn't matter, something has to change.
Our hands are tied. We've asked nicely, offered to help, offered to buy, begged, got people onboard that are respected to help and have gotten no where on updating this site. The site is unusable in its current form. Either we fix it or move on.
I feel like I'm a part of killing the only thing on the internet that i have enjoyed. I've met more people and learned more here then anywhere. I love this site. Some think I posted to much... it was just an effort to keep people involved.

I am a nobody in the off road game and I want no part of running a forum.
RickyB if that is the answer, what is the next step? You know all the players and have access to everything, you have a better understanding then most.

I have to get off the damn 15 person group texts and have a place to plan rides and ask questions.

Last thought: the "post whorez" are not the reason this forum is dead. Telling someone that they are too involved in keeping something alive and going that is obviously struggling is the most counterproductive **** I've ever heard. Maybe telling someone that they are not welcome and posting up negativity following every one of their posts is way more destructive.

Speeding said:
Imo the only solution is get a bigger hosting package, install a second platform on a hardline sub domain, and have them both split off from the homepage. Lock this platform and use it only for reference.

I like this idea.

Keeping everyone on Hardline vs a new forum would be ideal. Having the old Hardline available for referencing while having a new, more up-to-date and user friendly Hardline seems like the best of both worlds.

Eddyj said:
Last thought: the "post whorez" are not the reason this forum is dead. Telling someone that they are too involved in keeping something alive and going that is obviously struggling is the most counterproductive **** I've ever heard. Maybe telling someone that they are not welcome and posting up negativity following every one of there posts is way more destructive.

This. The only person I have ever said Im glad they are gone was Batman. JD, Joc, Tonyb, and a handful of other Whorez made me laugh a lot. But they were told to shut up or not welcome by people in white buggies and they left. Now this place is dead as ****.

I found it pretty stupid when the guys who bashed the guys chit chatting were the guys who never post or hardly contribute, if you don't like it don't comment or read it
Sadly the chit chat is the most going on around here and I actually enjoy it, it's gotta be better that **** book?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zjman said:
I found it pretty stupid when the guys who bashed the guys chit chatting were the guys who never post or hardly contribute, if you don't like it don't comment or read it
Sadly the chit chat is the most going on around here and I actually enjoy it, it's gotta be better that **** book?

YUP! The needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many. Hmmm....

Speeding said:

Ricky, thank you and others for digging into the best solution for Hardline!

Speeding said:
I appreciate you guys being motivated to "make hardline great again" but unfortunately the fact remains that years ago we dug into the upgrade of this site and at that time with hired professional developer help, the database was determined too unstable to migrate to an updated SMF platform. Kinda like if you don't update your smart phone OS for years and then try... well it just won't work and you end up having to clear it and start over.

Creating a new forum and asking people to migrate over and start from scratch would result in both forums having even less activity combined if you ask me.

I like this idea.
Who's taking care of making it happen and keep the new forum updated and in good working order in the future?

Re: Re: Hardline Crawlers

ranger11 said:
So if you serious, send me his number I need a new one.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

He's a whore but only for people in challengers and cameros