• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Safety modifications

The Luke

This has probably been covered. But our search function sucks.

So after last year when I had that brief engine fire, I'm paranoid about rig safety. Especially since my boy is getting old enough to ride with me. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to get back to him and get him unbuckled in the case that something extreme happened.

That said, besides the obvious fire extinguishers, roll cage and harnesses. What Modifications can be made to make what we do just that much safer?

Carry a knife or seat belt cutter. I scored a sweet Benchmade seat belt cutter i'm going to mount where i can reach in case of emergency. And i have my first aid kit with me in case something happens.

The Luke said:
This has probably been covered. But our search function sucks.

Had to bag on the forum that has brought you so much joy in life didn't ya?

The search function works perfectly... you type in words and it shows you where those words have been used on the site. Maybe it's the searcher and not the search engine? :stir:

x2 on a seat belt cutter. Hopefully you never need it, but it never hurts. Also, I would look into a locking transmission and engine oil dipstick at least. That stuff is hot and seems to want to pour in a bad roll or odd flop.

Safety modifications

I honestly don't mind the site as it is. For the most part Tapatalk works fine for me. I can post pics and everything. But for whatever reason, search never has worked very well for me. So maybe it is the searcher?! I demand the site revamps itself to make my life easier.

I've been contemplating adding a fire suppression system to my jeep. For sure a nozzle in the engine compartment, maybe one in the passenger compartment too. Mechanical activation for sure. A couple ladies in a rzr apparently burned to death in the car wash in Moab the week before we were there and that's something I've thought a lot about.

I do keep a couple cat 5's and some quick clot in a little med kit along with a few other things for bumps, bruises, minor cuts, and stings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Safety modifications

Shaking the hand of a Clinton is all the protection you need . . . . . . Thank you for fixing the internet

And I mean how the heck does that happen? Shy of a moderate explosion that may have rendered them unconscious

"2 ladies burn to death in the car wash in a razor"

ranger11 said:
Gonna need some info. Lol

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I don't have any first hand knowledge. It's just what Danny (Grandpa's Garage) told us the week we were out in Moab last September. Said the ladies flipped a rzr in the car wash, couldn't get out, and it caught fire.

Oh that's different I thought you meant a car wash.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

zsavage81 said:
I do keep a couple cat 5's and some quick clot in a little med kit along with a few other things for bumps, bruises, minor cuts, and stings.

I did a first aid class a few months ago and we talking about tq's and we were using them to make sure we could put them on correctly. Them som bitches hurt when you put them on correctly. The guy teaching said the tq should hurt as much if not worse than the gun shot.

jeeptj99 said:
I did a first aid class a few months ago and we talking about tq's and we were using them to make sure we could put them on correctly. Them som bitches hurt when you put them on correctly. The guy teaching said the tq should hurt as much if not worse than the gun shot.

Yea that sucks, but I guess it's better than bleeding out on the trail! There's a video from I think this past Easter jeep where dude in the JK runs his wife over (The captions all saw cutting her leg off in the process), would be good to have a TQ in that situation. I can see something getting pinched off in a rollover if somebody puts arms or whatever outside the cage. I had a buddy get T boned in his can am by another sxs this year that didn't result in any injuries but sure could have.

I would add an aluminum panel over the top of the driver and passenger seats. Doesn't have to be big just enough to protect your head from branches, etc... in the event of a rollover or hard flop. We have all seen either first hand or in a video a rig go tumbling through the woods when it rolls or flops over , especially here in the south.

zsavage81 said:
Yea that sucks, but I guess it's better than bleeding out on the trail! There's a video from I think this past Easter jeep where dude in the JK runs his wife over (The captions all saw cutting her leg off in the process), would be good to have a TQ in that situation. I can see something getting pinched off in a rollover if somebody puts arms or whatever outside the cage. I had a buddy get T boned in his can am by another sxs this year that didn't result in any injuries but sure could have.

The story behind that one was that was some youtuber that was more about stickers and bolt ons than anything that got high centered in 4 hi in a jl rubicon and held it to the floor, caught traction and launched running a random chick over and then crashing in a giant ditch. There was a video of it floating around. there was a long ass thread on pirate about it too.

I was really amazed how much safer a window net makes you. I will probably be adding one to the passanger side soon.

BUG-E J said:
I was really amazed how much safer a window net makes you. I will probably be adding one to the passanger side soon.
I plan on adding some to the back of my Jeep for the kids.

Latest posts