• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

JESUS= Hope ( a thread for encouragement)

WTH said:
Not necassarily Christmas realted but something I have been trying to remmber each day.

It's not a happy man that is thankful...
It's a thankful man that is happy.

Think on that for a while.

I like that!

Eric, I'm proud of you man.

Merry Christmas Hardline! Lets not forget the reason for the season!!!

1 John 4:9
By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him.

Matthew 1:21
She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 15:13
13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Every time I hear this song it brings tears to my eyes. Sometimes I just break down and cry. I don't know if there has ever been a more truthful song.

PLEASE open your hearts and listen to the words. I do not know a single person on this board, but know that if there is ever anyone that would like to talk about Jesus or just just needs someone to listen, send me a PM.

Casting Crowns - "Glorious Day (Living He Loved Me)" - Live

A few weeks ago a friend of mine committed suicide. I was a pall bearer and sat and listened to this song during the funeral. I Liked it before, but if you really listen, it is a beautiful portrayal of one of the many things God does for us. In the midst of our wilderness, he is there to hold us. I like seeing what guys listen to and what touches them.

Casting Crowns - Just Be Held (Official Lyric Video)

Just a little something that came to me this morning.

The Rock and the Ripple,
I can remember many times back in my youth when I, my brother (Todd), and my dad would go fishing at Lake Chinnabee in the Talladega National Forest. We often times just sat back on the banks waiting on the fish to start biting. When they were not biting, me and my brother would like to throw rocks into the lake to see which one of us could either throw it the farthest or which one could make the biggest splash. Me and Todd would be having a grand O'l time doing this, on the other hand my dad was not amused. "You're scaring the fish away!" he would say.
Back then I didn't pay much attention to the ripples (or waves) that came off the splash, nor did I pay any attention to how far they went out from the splash or how they reacted to the stumps and limbs sticking up out of the water's surface. Now that I am older and see things just a little differently, I started to notice I sometimes would over look. This has often times help me see the bigger picture played out on a bigger scale. I pay a little more attention to the details such as not only how far the waves go out from the point of the splash, but how after reaching the banks of the lake, they would return back to the point from which they came. I also see how they react to the stumps or limbs sticking either in or out of the water. Seeing how not only would the ripple (the one coming off the stump/limb) would return back to the source sooner than the ones having to go all the way to the bank, but came back stronger also. This got me to thinking how we are casting our own stones into the lake of life and how we are reacting to the ones thrown into our own lake of life.
Now if we casted a bad stone (a lie, something hurtful, something offensive, ie.), how would the people inside your lake would react to it? How many people, friends, family, or co-workers would reverb a bad ripple back? How many of them would just leave your circle and not comeback?
I guess my question is what kind of stone are you throwing? Are you throwing a bad one or good ones and how are you reacting to the ones thrown into your lake?

Rescue1 said:
Congrats HotRod! I know God has you covered!
He sure did, little Adeline Claire was born Yesterday at 2:00 pm. Healthy and 7lbs 7oz. Mom did great too. Praise God, he is good!

Everyone please say a prayer and let our good friend and brother Chris Smith know how much we love and appreciate him as he just lost his father Larry Smith today. Chris is a close friend of mine and many on here and for those of you that don't know him, should. Chris, we love you brother and will be right by your side through out your pain.

Many of us have faced sleepless nights anxious about what would happen in the morning. Imagine knowing that In a few short hours you would be savagely beaten for crimes you did not commit, then willfully carry your cross to the top of a mountain and pay a debt far greater than any of us can fathom, then at the darkest moment in the history of mankind you are separated from your Heavenly Father as you die with the weight of the worlds sin upon your shoulder. I cannot fathom the punishment Christ went through on that Friday so long ago, I cannot imagine the physical pain, but most of all I can not fathom being separated from God; because of Jesus, I do not have to fathom that. Because of Jesus I can live free from my sin and enjoy eternal fellowship with our Heavenly Father. Friday is such a dark day but praise God Jesus overcame death and ascended to heaven and now sits as my intercessor. Thank you Jesus for saving me.

money_pit_yj said:
Many of us have faced sleepless nights anxious about what would happen in the morning. Imagine knowing that In a few short hours you would be savagely beaten for crimes you did not commit, then willfully carry your cross to the top of a mountain and pay a debt far greater than any of us can fathom, then at the darkest moment in the history of mankind you are separated from your Heavenly Father as you die with the weight of the worlds sin upon your shoulder. I cannot fathom the punishment Christ went through on that Friday so long ago, I cannot imagine the physical pain, but most of all I can not fathom being separated from God; because of Jesus, I do not have to fathom that. Because of Jesus I can live free from my sin and enjoy eternal fellowship with our Heavenly Father. Friday is such a dark day but praise God Jesus overcame death and ascended to heaven and now sits as my intercessor. Thank you Jesus for saving me.

Very well written. Easter has become so commercialized and many parents chose not to share the real meaning of Good Friday and Easter. I'm all about having the Easter Bunny come and hiding Easter Eggs but if you are a family of Christians, stop for just a minute and share the real news of Easter. Jesus Christ chose to die for the sins that all Man has committed, and rose from the dead so that Man would be forgiven. There has never been so great of a sacrifice.

Thanks for that money_pit

What an amazing day today is. I hope many lost are found this weekend. Have a good one guys

money_pit_yj said:

That is great, so well put. Happy Easter, sure is a wonderful holiday if you think of the real deal.

Absolutely amazing.
It's a lot harder to express you inner soul to strangers than it is to talk about what motor, axles, blah, blah, blah you have.
Thanks, Bobby for sharing.

Latest posts