• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

JESUS= Hope ( a thread for encouragement)

wimpykid said:
I don't know Bobby, but have watched him race a few times at Windrock. Just wanted to say Thank You to him for spreading the word of all the good God does for us, each and every day.

Wanted to edit this Thank You to include HotRodpayton for starting this thread and all the others that have posted here.

I am not directing this to you individually by any means, this is just a general observation.

I think we live in a time where so many people know of God through different forms of media (books about God, facebook posts about God, bumper stickers, podcasts, forum threads, etc.) but very few people truly know God. They know their version of god where they have picked and chosen scripture that fit them, or their god their pastor talks about, or even a god they created but they don't know who God truly is.

I say all that to say 2 things.....

1. Learn who God is. Become intimate with Him, He already knows you, every single hair on your head! I have heard the question many times, Who is God to you? To me God is the same to everybody, He is our redeemer, Jehova Jireh our provider, Jehova Rapha our healer, Adonai LORD. He is Peace, Master, Creator, Author and Protector of Our Faith and so much more. The more we read our Bible, the ore we know who God really is!!!

2. Once we know who God is, then we see that His greatest desire for us is to have fellowship with HIM! Not just on Sundays either, He wants us to allow Him to live in and through us EVERYWHERE we are.

That is why this video Bobby posted gets me so fired up, He is just a man who loves Jesus and is using his platform to reach whoever is near him. Bobby is rock racing for Jesus. Plain and simple. My challenge for myself over the past few months is to be who I am, where I am, when I am there. Live the Gospel day by day and look for ways and opportunities to share it. Man I love this stuff!!! IT IS GOOD TO SEE MEN TALKING JESUS SOMEWHERE OTHER THAN AT CHURCH!!!

Bringin it back to the top!! I've been cruising through old threads tonight and I ran across this quote today and thought it was appropriate to post here!! It ain't scripture , but it made an impact on me!

Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you - Saint Augustine

However, I believe this scripture from the Bible correlates quite well!!

6 Don't worry about anything! Instead, pray about everything! Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ! - Philippians 4:6-7

Work for Christ, and everything else in this life falls into place nice and easy, just like it ought to! Keep your sights on Christ and keep the faith alive men. When the going gets tough, GOD keeps ya goin!!!!

Bumping this thread back up as there are a few people that are weighing heavy on my mind that could really use all of our thoughts and prayers for healing their ailments and illnesses. I am not going to name these individuals, but I think they know who they are that need them the most right now. It's not always the doctors and nurses that do all the work, but God plays a huge part of their outcome and our moral support helps comfort them and help ease their pain and suffering. To those that know whom I am talking about, I love you guys and will continue to pray for the best outcome.

Jeremiah 17:14
Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.

ADMINISTRATOR

Bumpin this back up. Got a few people on my mind that are family here who are hurting badly. One of our family members mother is in the hospital having difficulties and not sure of the outcome. I could only imagine what I would be like if my own mother was in her position. Psalm 46:1, "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble"

And for our other family member who's family was in a car wreck, Prayers to you for a quick and full recovery. We are not promised anything each and every day and should never take each moment for granite. Psalm 62:8 "Trust in him at all times, you people' pour out your hears to him, for God is our refuge"

ADMINISTRATOR

Mr. leafspring said:
Got some buddies here in AC had sxs accident last week they will lay one to rest this afternoon. R.I.P. Ryan Mask ...

So sorry to hear about this sir, always too soon.

ADMINISTRATOR

Bringing the most important topic on the forum back up, God has laid these verses on my heart to share this morning. They may seem harsh, and politically incorrect these days, but Jesus said it, not me, and he is God almighty. What he says you can bank on.

Luke 13:24-30

Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and begging, Sir, open the door for us.
But he will answer, I don't know you or where you came from. Then you will say, we ate and drank with you, and taught in your streets. But he will reply, I don't know you or where you came from. Away from me you evil doers! There will be weeping and nashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets of God, but you are thrown out. People will come from east, west, north and south to take their place at the feast in the Kingdom of God. Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last.

This should open your eyes if you aren't saved, and if you are saved, it should make you want to live like you are and search those out who aren't.

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the way that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matthew 7:13-14

Psalm 17:6, "I call on you, God, for you will answer me; turn your ear to me and hear my prayer."

ADMINISTRATOR

Well well, here we go. The one thing nobody likes to hear about-- giving a portion of what truly doesn't even belong to you back to the one who blessed you with it. Tithing

Proverbs 3: 9-10

Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the first fruits of all your crops, then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.

Everything we have was given to us by the Lord, its our duty to show honor and gratitude to HIM by giving a portion back, but hey, if you believe in the word of God we don't have any loss. Only gains by doing as he commands. Have a good day fellas!

Hotrodpayton said:
Well well, here we go. The one thing nobody likes to hear about-- giving a portion of what truly doesn't even belong to you back to the one who blessed you with it. Tithing

Proverbs 3: 9-10

Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the first fruits of all your crops, then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.

Everything we have was given to us by the Lord, its our duty to show honor and gratitude to HIM by giving a portion back, but hey, if you believe in the word of God we don't have any loss. Only gains by doing as he commands. Have a good day fellas!

Malachi 3:10 "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the Lord Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it."

God literally commands us to test him with our giving and he will overflow us with blessings. That is not WHY we give, but a blessing BECAUSE we give. It took a long time for me to learn this, and truthfully I am probably still learning it, but it is all God's. It goes way past the first 10%. If it doesn't hurt to give, you're not giving enough. :dblthumb:

money_pit_yj said:
Malachi 3:10 "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the Lord Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it."

God literally commands us to test him with our giving and he will overflow us with blessings. That is not WHY we give, but a blessing BECAUSE we give. It took a long time for me to learn this, and truthfully I am probably still learning it, but it is all God's. It goes way past the first 10%. If it doesn't hurt to give, you're not giving enough. :dblthumb:

Well said

I want to do a ride later this year, don't have to be Christians only kinda deal, but I would like to meet some of the Christian believers on the board and have a devotion time. Bobby Tanner told me last week he would like to be involved and see if his schedule would allow him to come.

Let God's wisdom lead your decisions today. Don't really on your on judgement call. I need to live by this myself!

Hotrodpayton said:
I want to do a ride later this year, don't have to be Christians only kinda deal, but I would like to meet some of the Christian believers on the board and have a devotion time. Bobby Tanner told me last week he would like to be involved and see if his schedule would allow him to come.

Let God's wisdom lead your decisions today. Don't really on your on judgement call. I need to live by this myself!

We have done that a couple of times. Check out Church on The Rocks on facebook. I have done very little in the last year, but God has kept it on my heart to keep going. Anything I can do to help you, let me know.

I challenge anyone who follows this thread to read a Proverb per day, in a study bible. It is changing my life daily.

Proverbs 18:2

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions.

CUT ME DEEP