• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

12,000 lb+ winches new for $800 or less

dragr1

Looking at winches for the tow rig (2014 SRW Ram 3500 Diesel). The Warn VR12,000 is about my baseline for $799 shipped to my door. But what about some of the cheaper brands in 12,000 lb rating or higher?

On the cheaper brand I've had good luck with a 12k rough country and they have a great warranty if something does go south. It pulls slow but it pulls hard.

Anyone have experience with the Engo? They have a 12k lb with synthetic rope for $475 shipped

ive used a 12000lb badlands from harbor freight, $299. They have poor solenoids but I keep jumper cables for back ups. Slow but pulls good.

dragr1 said:
Anyone have experience with the Engo? They have a 12k lb with synthetic rope for $475 shipped

I have heard nothing but good things about them, I bought a 10k with rope, but have never even mounted it

mikeparker said:
ive used a 12000lb badlands from harbor freight, $299. They have poor solenoids but I keep jumper cables for back ups. Slow but pulls good.

same here. Used it on a 100 series cruiser and now a 2500hd. I haven't had any issues after waterproofing the winch and repacking the sides. I bought the extended warranty for $30 but haven't needed it

http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/hf-badlands-12-k-diy-winch-hack-waterproof-upgrade-mod.848498/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN5vAAdKP94

Every winch that I've ever had except for one has been a Warn-either an 8274 or an M8000. All have worked flawless, but the one on my tow rig won't get much use at all, so the Engo 12k with synthetic at 65lbs of weight and $475 is looking a whole lot better than the Warn VR12000 with wire rope at 89lbs of weight and $799. But you know I don't want a piece of junk winch either b/c when you need it you sure don't want a piece of junk!

The only junk winch I have ever had was a Ramsey 9000 and it came on a rig that I bought so I don't know what it had been through before I got it. The Warn 8274 that I've had on some of work trucks is the best winch I've ever used.