• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2006 Chevy 3500 dash fire

I open up my detached garage door to carry stuff out, walk back in and not even a minute later looked out the door to see a fire by the drivers side A pillar on my dad's 2006 3500. My friend and I go running out, open the door he pours his my dew on as I go back to garage to get extinguisher. He puts the fire out as I go running to the house to get my dad and tell him about the incident of his truck. Upon looking at it, looks like the headlight switch might have started it, but I don't know as to don't want to tear into it until insurance arrives. I tried googling it but don't seem to find any like cases, didn't know if anybody else has heard about these being an issue. I have known about OnStar box issue from said buddy's truck many years ago. But this appears to have came from headlight switch assembly or directly behind it I don't know yet. Any body else heard of this causing a fire?

lateniteproductions said:
I open up my detached garage door to carry stuff out, walk back in and not even a minute later looked out the door to see a fire by the drivers side A pillar on my dad's 2006 3500. My friend and I go running out, open the door he pours his my dew on as I go back to garage to get extinguisher. He puts the fire out as I go running to the house to get my dad and tell him about the incident of his truck. Upon looking at it, looks like the headlight switch might have started it, but I don't know as to don't want to tear into it until insurance arrives. I tried googling it but don't seem to find any like cases, didn't know if anybody else has heard about these being an issue. I have known about OnStar box issue from said buddy's truck many years ago. But this appears to have came from headlight switch assembly or directly behind it I don't know yet. Any body else heard of this causing a fire?

I haven't, but I see a recall in our futures