• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

22r

smurfy90

I am in the process of rounding up parts for a 1 seater buggy and need some info. I plan to use a 22r or 22re. But want a automatic, LCE has a adapter to use a th350 this is what im pushing for.. Also saw where folks are using yota auto bellhousing to put the AW4 jeep trans behind a 22r. Does anybody know what yota auto bellhousing this is? And does the AW4 have to keep the computer to operate? As far as transfer case I am going to use a 4:1 dana 300. Would love to hear some feedback on this. I realy want to use the th350 just don't know how it will workout.

Not 1oo% on the computer but you need the Cherokee aw4 and a 22re bell housing

Sent from this bust'd ass iPhone

If you get this all figured out do a write up on it. I'd like to do the same thing.

Sent from the mans IPhone.

hjpcummins said:
Not 1oo% on the computer but you need the Cherokee aw4 and a 22re bell housing

Sent from this bust'd ass iPhone
I know that but which yota bell housing?

Paging MO... pretty sure he was gathering parts and info doing the same swap before he changed directions a little

Re: Re: 22r

Use the a340 Toyota bellhousing on the aw4

Get a radesigns stand alone shifter for the aw4.

Run a 4:1 Dana 300

I had an xtra cab with this exact setup. It was ok. Makes for a short drivetrain.

But, I'd NEVER run it again unless the 22R was turbo'd.

Talk about gutless....

It was pretty cool to hold it on the floor and shift through 1-2-3 in 4low without letting up though.

I want the short drive train. Think with 4:1 & 5:89 gears in the d44s and 38 tsls will be enough? I want to build one similar to the last one I done.

I know I know but why not go 4.3 to th350 it would be wider but shorter drivetrain with more power, but still in line for the d44s.

InittowiniT said:
I know I know but why not go 4.3 to th350 it would be wider but shorter drivetrain with more power, but still in line for the d44s.
Im sticking with a 4 banger incase this 4banger races kick off good.

unless you just happen to have all the parts laying around, I'd look into something else than a 22R AW4 D300 combo.

It's not particularly cheap, easy, or powerful.

The Atlas (2.8/2.9 4cyl) series engines from the Colorado/Canyon are light weight and powerful (175-185hp stock), and can be tuned with standard GM tuning software (HPTuners/EFILive). And they come with a 4L60 behind them, so any tcase is possible. (and it has a standard v8 type bell housing pattern, so you could run a TH350)

muddinmetal said:
Ecotech motor and trans from a solstice or sky. Lighter than a 22r and at least 2x more woopow I think that this would be the ticket for success. Ecotech does great on a railbuggy & would keep it light too.

I'm like you , 22r buggy guy, But I know people who "like TBI toy" used the combo "or something like it" you are talking about. it looses so much power in drag. toyota Automatics strip up to 25% of toyota power , If set on it, maybe 22r factory auto, with a geardrive t-case adapter .. I looked at all the same stuff!!! I ended up going to a sit beside 22r to 4 speed and a 4.7.. there is just no good auto combo. you may look into other stuff. I'm looking forward to see what shows up in July!! I hope to bring 2 !!

In the process of building mine still 22rt to aw4 to dana 300. Going to run stand alone tuning to get more power out the the refreshed 2.4 liter but I think it will be fine with 38.5 and FJ axles