• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

3 link or sas kit? any ideas?

No. You can still run a drag link (or is it a tie rod? I get em mixed up all the time) with a three link. I have done it, I have several friends who run it and Ill soon be doing another with a three link non full hydro.

There's no question as to whether this would work because it totally would. The question is how it performs in highspeed on road or off road rally type conditions. The concern is that depending on how it is set up, the dynamics could be unstable.

I had a TG front 3link on my old truck. It flexed great and the geometry was fine, but the cog was very low, i think 22" to the bottom of the frame, with 39's. You can run it with hydro assist, but it would be tough, there is just not alot of room for your pandhard, brackets, pitman, and drag. The brackets to your lower links, sit right behind your t-case crossmember, so if you want to push your axle farther forward you would have to cut some of the skid plate up. They are also 42"s long I think, and sit just below your frame, so they could get caught up easy if your not paying attention. I don't know what valving trail-gear gets from fox, but if you dont want to spend alot of time tuning them, make sure you tell TG your trucks specs and send you a good guess of what valving you would like. Mine were way to soft. In saying all that, its cheap, easy to install, and I thought worked great. Cheaper than putting your own together and there is no guess work in the geometry.

I was just saying doing the math or running it through a 3 or 4 link calculator and translating it to your truck doensn't always work as planned. There will always be a little guess work and room for adjustments or improvements.

I know what your saying and I agree with ya. I was on a budget and trying to get it done before memorial day. So I went with cheap and fast.

Ive witnessed the three link in action, its okay off road, its great if you want to ramp contest all day long lol. takes some fine tuning to be happy, at least it did in my buddys. on street manners with the air shocks are no good.

its cheaper to build your own 3 link than buy the trail gear one. and do coilovers. airshocks can get kinda scary in the front. if its a daily driver probably better just to do leafs. dont use polyurithane bushings, use heims or johnny joints. the poly bushings; especially on your panhard bar will move back and forth and give you death wobbles, found that out real quick.

3 links seem kinda weird if it's going to be a streetable rig. When the front suspension unloads or compresses, the axle moves lateraly relative to the frame. The weird part is what does the the steering do if the axle has lateral movement since the drag link goes between the steering box on the frame and the steering arm. I guess it depends on how soft the suspension is and how steep the angle of the 3rd link is. Head scratcher. I know jeeps have this setup from the factory and they get lifted all the time so it must work. I guess it how good the kit geometry is.

it is kinda wierd.
isnt some of that called bumpsteer?

it is kinda wierd.
isnt some of that called bumpsteer?

I dont know the actual definition of bump steer but if it means the steering is deflected when the suspension goes up and down then I spose so. I never knew if the term was specific to that link geometry, or if it could refer to a leaf sprung system with a severe castor angle where an uneven road surface causes the tires to climb up ruts thereby pulling the rig off course.

As i said. this will not be a daily driver. does anyone kno how well the rear 4 link is there? iv herd good from the air shocks. ive seen them on my buddys rig and they do great.

TG 4 link kit sucks ****in ASS. :puke:

But you will be the pimp of the teenagers at the minimart on sat night before the party with that setup.

But for offroading the kit they sell is centered around easy installation for dumbasses, not performance by any means.

I have even cut up their rear kits and sent them towards a better direction and they still suck.

Horrible geometry, shitty performance, easy installation. Perfect for 75 percent of toyota owners. I mean its all about blingin link susp, right?

Latest posts