• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

5.3 ls swap check engine light wiring help

Jacobmc

I'm having some issues with my check engine light not working when it should. My light comes on with the key on and goes off when the truck cranks like it should.my problem is when I cut the truck off and turn the key back on the light will not work unless I un hook the battery and hook it back up. Do I need to just run the truck for the computer to reset or has anybody had a problem like this ? I hooked my code reader up and I have no codes everything is working great just trying to figure my light out

Jacobmc said:
I'm having some issues with my check engine light not working when it should. My light comes on with the key on and goes off when the truck cranks like it should.my problem is when I cut the truck off and turn the key back on the light will not work unless I un hook the battery and hook it back up. Do I need to just run the truck for the computer to reset or has anybody had a problem like this ? I hooked my code reader up and I have no codes everything is working great just trying to figure my light out
Both of my swaps do this. Has been a non-issue.

I can look when i get home and see for sure but if i remember correctly my check engine light is wired with the positive side of the light to my master disconnect and the ground side of the light is getting fed from my ECM. It works like it would in a normal vehicle.

Mine Is wired to a switch and the ground is the going to the pcm.the light works fine until i crank the truck it goes off like it should. After I switch the truck off I cannot get the light to come back on unless I unhook the battery