• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cabins in Gatlinburg area

The builtmore is cool as hell. Be sure and allow urself plenty of time to look it over good. Several different tours u can take. I will set aside the whole day when I go again.

We did Dollywood with the rest of the population of the northern hemisphere on Tuesday. Drove over to Cherokee on Wednesday. Got assraped on Ober Gatlinburg on Thursday.

Dollywood is value, even packed with people, its value.
The Old Mill restaurant, is also huge value, and damn good.
Magiquest in Pigeon Forge is value (I did have sticker shock, but in the end realized its was undervalued for what our kids got out of it)
Gatlinburg, cute little tourist trap, but wow what a **** show.
Only thing we didnt get to do that we wanted was check the box on some go-karts.

Glad to say we've done the area. But our consensus is Branson is 3-4x's better. And while Dollywood used to be a Silver Dollar City, and it a VERY QUALITY, well maintainted, top park, Silver Dollar City is better all around.

Now onto the people. I did not know that every nice person on the plant goes to a convention and congregates in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area over the Xmas holidays. I'm telling ya, everyone everywhere was crazy nice. Was very pleasant.

InDaShop said:
We did Dollywood with the rest of the population of the northern hemisphere on Tuesday. Drove over to Cherokee on Wednesday. Got assraped on Ober Gatlinburg on Thursday.

Dollywood is value, even packed with people, its value.
The Old Mill restaurant, is also huge value, and damn good.
Magiquest in Pigeon Forge is value (I did have sticker shock, but in the end realized its was undervalued for what our kids got out of it)
Only thing we didnt get to do that we wanted was check the box on some go-karts.

Glad to say we've done the area. But our consensus is Branson is 3-4x's better. And while Dollywood used to be a Silver Dollar City, and it a VERY QUALITY, well maintainted, top park, Silver Dollar City is better all around.

Now onto the people. I did not know that every nice person on the plant goes to a convention and congregates in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area over the Xmas holidays. I'm telling ya, everyone everywhere was crazy nice. Was very pleasant.

just about the same results. I don't think there is a better run theme park than Dolly Wood, and the poeple are great. No one trying to jump line, no one pushing to get up front, no smelly rude foreigners. Weve already done most of the traditonal stuff there, we just spent the week relaxing. Same opinion of Gatlinburg. Wife wanted to shop more than anything,so I complied. Of course I got to shop a bit as well, Rocky Mountain Knives, Army Surplus store, Bass Proshops, Buds gun shop. Even rode past Goforth Tire to dream a little. Found a cool leather shop (AJ Leather on Verterans) that Ive got a holster ordered for my Blackhawk. Keep your Magiquest stuff together, after you buy all that crap, its a lot cheaper when you return( $11 per hour). My youngest daughter loves that place. Shes been to the one at Great Wolf in Charlotte and Myrtle Beach. I wish the weather would have been better, I wanted to ride over to Cades Cove

InDaShop said:
True. Still have our wands and one quest left.
Exactly. But where else on this side of the Mississippi can you get an unlicensed airbrushed Roll Tide Fox Racing shirt?
Also a ripoff. I figure it to be about $2 a minute for some **** 15mph karts.
We know what butters our bread, unlike the States Troopers that hang out in Harlan County busting 'wheelers. :dblthumb: