• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cold engine driveability issue

Symon623

Its a Hybrid
I usually let the truck warm up for a few minutes (10) before I drive it away, I say usually but there have been occasions where I'm late to work and don't let it warm up but am real gentle til I see the temp gauge move up off the 140

isn't the 0216 the VP death code? I can't remember anymore..

And letting it sit and warm up for 10 minutes isn't a good thing either. I let the oil pressure come up and sit for a few second (20-30) and drive it nice and easy and don't go over 2k until it warms up. Even cummins tells you not to let these things sit and idle, they'll start dumping fuel down the sides of the rings.

isn't the 0216 the VP death code? I can't remember anymore..

And letting it sit and warm up for 10 minutes isn't a good thing either. I let the oil pressure come up and sit for a few second (20-30) and drive it nice and easy and don't go over 2k until it warms up. Even cummins tells you not to let these things sit and idle, they'll start dumping fuel down the sides of the rings.

I've heard that about the 0216 code........:rolleyes: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have the remote start and this is bad?

I like to let it warm up a bit before driving, it runs so much better and quieter when warmed up. plus I like to have rthe heat already on in the winter. :D

The other day I sat and let it warm up cos it literally wouldn't get out of it's own way. However this morning it ran fine and I didn't let it warm up.

Dead pedal, you will need a new injection pump soon. My pump made wierd noises when cold, and dead pedal started out as only an issue when not fully warmed up.

Latest posts