• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Coleworx Camaro Buggy Reveal

The Luke said:
And I've always assumed a rear engine buggy gets hot on your neck after a while. But I'd probably put up with it. Haha

Mine is actually cooler to ride in than a front engine, but my radiator in all the way in the rear. Especially when moving all the hot air is blown out the back.
Trade off is you can't see it if the engine catches fire.

RustyC said:
Mine is actually cooler to ride in than a front engine, but my radiator in all the way in the rear. Especially when moving all the hot air is blown out the back.
Well if you start feeling hot air you worry molaugh

RustyC said:
Makes sense. I hadn't thought about that. Just don't stop. Lol

redneckengineered said:
What's the story behind the "8 or 9 year" build as referenced by Brian in the video?

I would imagine that someone spent years "talking" about a build..

redneckengineered said:
What's the story behind the "8 or 9 year" build as referenced by Brian in the video?

It was back in the late 90's when Mark Phillips did a lot of wheeling with everyone and wanted something out of the box original. This was his idea to have a buggy built around his favorite car and Bryan was just the person to make it happen. It originally was to rock a ZZ502ci heartbeat, but was ditched for a Merlin when everyone else was rocking the bow tie motors. Even the transfer cases were not sacred after Atlas's were not holding up to the big power back then. I remember seeing this thing being built and undergoing lots of redo's to host all the latest equipment being put out. Bryan made Marks dream come true. Not everyone's race horse for sure, but definitely a work of ART out of the gates of Coleworks Rock Racing Factory.

...simpsons did it.... simpsons did it....
f156bfc2aabcadd3d361218b790d6353.jpg

Looks like I posted a older pic of one of the axles from Peterson's about 7 years ago.
Ricky verified it was going in a rear engine buggy.
http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=20316.msg252994#msg252994

The-Boss said:
Looks like I posted a older pic of one of the axles from Peterson's about 7 years ago.
Ricky verified it was going in a rear engine buggy.
http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=20316.msg252994#msg252994
I remember that article and probably still have the magazine somewhere. When I watched the video and he mentioned how long they had been building it I figured this was the same buggy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The chassis was built and drivetrain was mounted back in 2011, i seen it the night screaming blue was being rolled out of the shop. It's changed a good bit since then, so Brian didn't lie, long time in this buggy.

Latest posts