• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fawkin' LED lights

Looks lile I'll need a load resister(s) :booo:

Depending how the system is designed, I may be able to put it between the load side of the flasher unit and ground, and have only one. That would make me feel a little better.

Yep. Not one incandescent left anywhere.

Just throw a resistor at each indicator and be done--away from the elements. Thats probably why mine work is due to the 194 indicator bulbs--which also brings up the point you still need some kind of load for the electronic flashers to work...

What's the attraction of LED turn signals anyway? They aren't as bright as incandascent bulbs and you usually have to fool with flashers to get them to work right. I don't get it....

Glenn,
Have you followed two semi's lately one with & one without LED's? Which one has brighter tail lights? If they are not as bright why is every ricer/auto manufacturer/custom builder going to LED's?

My LED's are WAY bright!!

Isn't that brightness because there are a bunch of LEDs in place of a single incandescent bulb?

Thanks for edumcating me...I really didn't know why LEDs were so pupular. :eeek:

If you place a resistor inline with your lights, you should only need like a 1k ohm resisitor.

It doesn't take much for these to work corectly.

and if you solder it inline you can always use some heatshrink tubing over the top of it, and that will take care of the sealing issues of it.

ok that is all I got for now.. :redneck:

If you place a resistor inline with your lights, you should only need like a 1k ohm resisitor.
Inline? Why would I do that?

A 1K ohm resister to ground would put a .144 watt load on the system. Not sure that's going to be enough :flipoff:

I was thinking more like 5 ~ 10 ohms.

Well I got a pair of 25 watt, 15 ohm resisters a while back and finally got around to putting them in this morning. One for left blinky, one for right, both to ground.

Works perfect with all LED lights.