• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fawking pissed

bobbed_84_toy

ALWAY$ BROKE
The Ford died a while back because the module in the dizzy **** out. When I pulled the dizzy out the whole thing was just plain worn out. One new distributer later I drop it in and expect to fire right up correct? Nope. Check for spark? Check. Hmmm, bring it up to TDC again and redrop it in. Kinda sputters a little bit like it wants to start but won't. Fawk with it a little more and it kinda coughs and sputters a little every now and then but won't fire. :wtf: Check for spark? Notta:mad: Fawking short in the coil so every now and then it had spark but most the time it didn't. One new coil later, it finally fires. Did I mention my Optima Red top is going flat?

Decided to put the new chromoly axle in it while i'm workin on it. All went together just fine but while I was dinkin around I noticed the CV joint in my front DS is fawked:mad:

Go to start it up tonight and it won't start at all. Spins over for a couple seconds then coughs and sputters and if ya hold it on the floor it will run at about 200rpm for a few seconds then sputters out of the carb and dies. :wtf: I know that the timing is spot on(verified by light, sound, and the amount of vacume it is pulling). But anyways, after a couplefew tries my wonderful optima that has been sitting for only a few days decides it is done. I get out(not a very happy camper mind you), just to turn around and see a bunch of smoke coming from under the hood. I pop the hood open real quick and discover the carb is on fire:mad: Burn my finger trying to pull the air cleaner off, can't get the damn wing nut lose so I run inside to grab a pair of pliers to pull it off. Finally got the fire out, after it ruined my 14x4 K&N:mad: and probly some of the carb(I was too pissed to look by this point).

If there's something good about it at least I noticed the smoke rolling out before I went back inside. Keys are in it if anyone wants a new project:mad:

Last edited:
damn man.. sorry to hear that...

what engine you workin with??

the 460 that is in your sig??

had a carb catch fire on my chevelle... it sucked.. got it out and had to replace that crap, it adds up.

Fawk all of you, I want it! I know where you live! :clappy:

Sucks for you :booo: . But I want an old ford again! I miss mine :booo:

Sounds like you need to put the battery on a charger and try it again when it actually has enough voltage to throw some spark. It'll be better in the morning...

Well shoot, I came home today and it was still sitting next to the shop:booo: . You guys missed your chance:flipoff:

Hooked the jumper cables up to it and let it get a good fast charge going while I changed out the carb for my other edelbrock. Dinked around with the ignition box and found a corroded fuse:rolleyes: . After fawking with it a while it fired up, and with a little adjusting here and there, she runs like a champ again:clappy: :cheer:

we've had terrible luck with the red top optimas, border patrol here actually stopped using them and switched to yellow tops because of all the problems with them holding a charge after a while.

SoCal Redneck said:
we've had terrible luck with the red top optimas, border patrol here actually stopped using them and switched to yellow tops because of all the problems with them holding a charge after a while.
Mine sits on a tender 24/7 now. :redneck: