• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

filing a claim on insurance

J

Joc

I've been thinking about changing my deductible from 500 to 0 on our razr just so IF i wanted to file something like a fender or some small piece it would be covered w/o me paying for it. I know ill dish out a lil more on the policy but my question is will it make my auto insurance go up if i do start filing stuff on the razr? I have auto w/ allstate and the razr is with geico. Anyone ever filed and noticed an increase with there razr policy or auto?

I personally don't think it would be worth it, The small $$ items like fenders etc... wouldn't warrant a higher premium unless you was trashing the RZR every weekend, and with that many claims I'm sure they would drop your policy.

Joc said:
I've been thinking about changing my deductible from 500 to 0 on our razr just so IF i wanted to file something like a fender or some small piece it would be covered w/o me paying for it. I know ill dish out a lil more on the policy but my question is will it make my auto insurance go up if i do start filing stuff on the razr? I have auto w/ allstate and the razr is with geico. Anyone ever filed and noticed an increase with there razr policy or auto?

:gtfo:
this is just stupid.........

If it's something small and you're that anal about as scratch on your fender, pay to fix/replace that piece. Insurance's intention isn't to keep your vehicle in "like new" condition... It's incase of ACCIDENT or THEFT... rollover/broken frame/bent cage/collision/some asshole stealing it......

MUCHADO said:
:gtfo:
this is just stupid.........

If it's something small and you're that anal about as scratch on your fender, pay to fix/replace that piece. Insurance's intention isn't to keep your vehicle in "like new" condition... It's incase of ACCIDENT or THEFT... rollover/broken frame/bent cage/collision/some asshole stealing it......

call it stupid if you want but people are different.
I try not to beat the hell out of it. Cant stop it from getting scrached or rock rash on the rims but I do have a good time in it. I take care of everything I own b/c it wasnt obtained with pocket change. Not saying Im tryin to keep it "NEW" but gonna do my best to keep it looking good.
Not trying to start a heated arguement just gonna let you know how i am with my stuff.

I agree the small stuff shouldnt be an issue for the insurance. Just in the event of serveral pieces get trashed in an "accident" it'd be nice to have it covered. My wife side swiped a tree (no damage other than some scuffs) but i was just thinking if she keeps it up one day i may be lookin at having to replace something. I've already had my neighbors cat claw a few hundred holes in one of the seats and she would not pay b/c i couldnt prove it was one of her 10 cats. My deductable is 500 so it was gonna cost 350 to fix which I dont have to spare right now so I pretty much just got the shaft on the deal. A 3 month old razr with a F'd up seat. Stuff like that is why im thinkin a 0 deductable would be nice. Geico told me it would be coved but i had to pay the first 500 which was more than the seat. See my point?

I see your point. I guess its money out my pocket one way or another. Just wondered if I did ever file a claim if my auto would go up.

Joc said:
Just wondered if I did ever file a claim if my auto would go up.

All your insurance would be figured into your claims experience, from homeowners on down. You file a bunch of small claims, you will pay dearly over the long haul.

MUCHADO said:
Leave a bowl of antifreeze outside.. soon the cat problem will be gone.

Or catch said cats and sell to the local Chinese restaurant. You'd have no more cats, but have some money for the seat... :****:

Cats are no longer a problem, we moved but it was 2 weeks too late lol. I did put some fear in the woman. the last week we lived there we watched her taking cats away to her friends I assume so she wouldnt get fined if i called the animal control lol. I never did once I seen that but its been a month so its getting bout time to give em a call :****: I hauled off over 10 one year but i think the ones left had rabbit blood.

run over the cat with said RZR and be sure to leave tracks in her yard leading up to the cat(s) and then tell the old lady there is no proof its YOUR rzr that did it :****:

I've thought about something like that but was in the middle of selling/buying a house so let things slide and took it as a blessing i was gonna be getting away from the nut job. I may ride by the old house time to time and if i happen to hit a cat....well lol...

Joc said:
I've thought about something like that but was in the middle of selling/buying a house so let things slide and took it as a blessing i was gonna be getting away from the nut job. I may ride by the old house time to time and if i happen to hit a cat....well lol...
This is the woman you used to look over the fence when she was in her pool?

Kindin! Never met her but she is a real bisnitch! She had so much pussycats you couldnt walk in his yard without stepin in a turd land mine