• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Forestry folks: PLANTING PINES?

BustedKnucklefilms

So I have 40+ acres of pasture sitting in Jasper, AL and would like to do something constructive with it. I have heard about planting pines as a good tax writeoff and also a good profit down the road. Anybody know anything about this? ??? :dunno:

Basically you a bunch of amigos run around with little sapplings and plant them and then a few years later you have trees that you can sell off as timber? Google searching got me nothing. :fish:

Do it... When the timber matures it could be worth as much as 5000 an acre depending on the market... Make sure you keep them propely thinned though.

timber market sucks right now but i'd say do it anyway, probably be recovered by the time they have matured

Rumor had it at one time that Auburn University would donate the sapplings for re-forestation. Don't know if it was true or not though. :dunno:

I am definetly considering it. Looks like the govt will pay for 60% of the cost. Will pay you rent for the forest and then the trees are yours to thin out and finally harvest after the 10yrs is up. Sounds like a good deal to me loller.gif

BustedKnucklefilms said:
I am definetly considering it. Looks like the govt will pay for 60% of the cost. Will pay you rent for the forest and then the trees are yours to thin out and finally harvest after the 10yrs is up. Sounds like a good deal to me loller.gif

Also look into your carbon foot print tax write off's. All good in the hood monies thumb.gif