• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Helpful tips for building a bouncer

The-Boss said:
For what you mentioned, I vote LQ4 6.0, th400, atlas, 05+ SD 60 front with some 2017 stock 1550 shafts, and a 14bolt. If budget permits, build the motor, put some rcvs up front and sticky tires.
Lol, you just described my setup exactly. Nothing unique here!

wrenchbender said:
Just noticed from your sig that you ain't too far from my neck of the woods! Small world! Lol you didn't by any chance have chuck davis to do any engine work did ya?

Have not. Buddy of mine has a mechanic shop and uses him regularly. I've heard great things about his work.

The-Boss said:
laughing1
Nice list but for the OPs sake, in the real world Andrew you have a 100% legit Rock Bouncer now. A plush refined version with amenities but dont fight it. ;D If your not running .188 wall dom up top, that and your panels would stay jacked if you were always rolling down bounty hills. You and I both have been around before Rock Bouncer was even a term. If you wanted to strait kill crazy hills often with that thing as it sits now you could.

Haha, hard to argue with that, but we're just going to have to come up with a new term for whatever my buggy is :****: Can't be a bouncer though, it doesn't check the boxes on the official bouncer checklist.

redneckengineered said:
Haha, hard to argue with that, but we're just going to have to come up with a new term for whatever my buggy is :****: Can't be a bouncer though, it doesn't check the boxes on the official bouncer checklist.

I feel the same way.

wizzo said:
Have not. Buddy of mine has a mechanic shop and uses him regularly. I've heard great things about his work.
Yea I like ol chuck.. only reason why I was asking was a pretty good while back I was talking to him along the lines of building an engine for this purpose, and weighing options, and there was a 6.0 in there he was showing me that he was working on for a rock buggy for somebody in Glasgow.. Just couldn't remember the name he said and thought it'd be crazy if the world was that small lol

wrenchbender said:
Yea I like ol chuck.. only reason why I was asking was a pretty good while back I was talking to him along the lines of building an engine for this purpose, and weighing options, and there was a 6.0 in there he was showing me that he was working on for a rock buggy for somebody in Glasgow.. Just couldn't remember the name he said and thought it'd be crazy if the world was that small lol

That was ridgetop auto on here. Chuck done his 6.0

redneckengineered said:
I don't know what a good name or description would be but it is still one of my favorites. All the right parts in all the right places.

Now i finally figured out why i can not win a dam race. I got a lot to work on. Could you make that list in a PDF form so i can print it out and check out stuff.

Have all the major parts before you start. It will cost more then you plan for. It will take longer then you plan. After it's done and you use you will find a bunch of stuff you won't like about it or want to change so it will work better.Last of all it will never "actually" be done.

kmcminn said:
Redneckengineered is a bouncer at heart.

You may be on to something. It's kind of like bible beaters, the most out spoken ones are usually the ones with the most skeletons in their closets :spin:

extremetownie said:
Now i finally figured out why i can not win a dam race. I got a lot to work on. Could you make that list in a PDF form so i can print it out and check out stuff.

:rolf:

I haven't been on this site in a long time, been living, learning, working hard, and staying broke lol. And although I know it's been years since this thread has been active, and I know most probably figured I was just blowing smoke, I just thought I'd post an update that this long overdue trail bouncer is underway! Meet Christine! Over the past few years I've went from wheeling rzr's, to a lifted bronco, to a Jeep buggy, and done a decent buildup of a couple for other guys, so I have learned a lot about what works and what won't for me. Lots of things have put me on hold, but now I've got a rolling chassis I've built, on sd60 with full hydro that I've built, spool, 35spl chromo axles, drive slugs, 5.13 gears, 14b rear with spool and 5.13, radflo 14" coilovers, 351w to be built, c6 full manual reverse, atlas 2.0 3.8 ratio, and a few other goodies on the way.. gonna be a 4 door 4 seat trail bouncer, 124" wb.

Attachments

• IMG_3927.jpeg
    IMG_3927.jpeg
    449 KB · Views: 45
I haven't been on this site in a long time, been living, learning, working hard, and staying broke lol. And although I know it's been years since this thread has been active, and I know most probably figured I was just blowing smoke, I just thought I'd post an update that this long overdue trail bouncer is underway! Meet Christine! Over the past few years I've went from wheeling rzr's, to a lifted bronco, to a Jeep buggy, and done a decent buildup of a couple for other guys, so I have learned a lot about what works and what won't for me. Lots of things have put me on hold, but now I've got a rolling chassis I've built, on sd60 with full hydro that I've built, spool, 35spl chromo axles, drive slugs, 5.13 gears, 14b rear with spool and 5.13, radflo 14" coilovers, 351w to be built, c6 full manual reverse, atlas 2.0 3.8 ratio, and a few other goodies on the way.. gonna be a 4 door 4 seat trail bouncer, 124" wb.
Awesome to read an update!

redneckengineered's tips for building a bouncer:

-Build a chassis with tubes in places that make no sense
-Make sure visibility from the driver seat is terrible
-Shortest loudest headers imaginable. The louder it is the more HP you will make.
-Tiny fuel cell that assures you'll never actually have to do any real riding, just shoot hills within 500 yards of your RV
-Zero storage for tools or a cooler
-Extremely cramped driver and passenger compartment
-Most uncomfortable seats made
-As little headroom as you can get away with
-Stock cam + tune LS motor, make sure you know a guy that knows a guy with the same cam that made over 600hp on a dyno
-Off the shelf bypass shocks
-hero t-case because you saw a guy on youtube break an Atlas once
-idiotic Monster jam name
-Register instagram and facebook pages under "idiotic monster jam name...racing"
-Only attend events where Madram and/or Busted Knuckle will be filming
-Never actually learn how to drive
-Bonus points if you skimp on all cooling functions so you overheat constantly
These tips and tricks still hold true/are mostly still in practice all these years later. :rolf: