• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Just wondering. Question about a "private lease" on land. ..

kushKrawlin

So I was thinking about a year or so ago when I was calling around trying to find some land to lease in particular areas for deer hunting.. Wanted to lease about 100 acres or so just for me in the family.. So I got to thinking today, I wonder if it would be possible to find some land , more than likely in Alabama, because there ain't **** around here I can tell you that/. But is it possible to lease some land in the mountain area like some of the parks, similar To a deer club lease, but off-road instead?? When hunters get a lease on some property, they make trails all over the woods. I don't see the harm in it really. May be a liability issue? Seems like there would be one with their clubs also.. For instants, someone was to get their ass shot.. Anyway my questions are , is this possible? Has anyone ever done it before? And is it a retarded question? Because I can assure you if it was something available I would damn sure do it. Be kind of cool to have a private place where you could go all year long never you want it and make your own trails and such. You would think there was somebody somewhere and all that land that wouldn't give a **** just wanted to make some money back! :dunno: feel free to chime in fellas. :dblthumb: JOHN G I would guess that you probably have some knowledge on the subject... Let me hear it.

Re: Just wondering. Question about a "private lease" on land. ..

You should have bought MSORP when it was for sale, plenty of deer, and some of the best damn rock crawling around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CAOS has some land leased just for riding. Idk the details bc I'm not a member but I did ride there several years ago. Maybe a member will chime in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAOS members just has access to a hunting club lease. They sometimes use their rigs to navigate the property.

mdo817 said:
You should have bought MSORP when it was for sale, plenty of deer, and some of the best damn rock crawling around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True, you could have bought one of the top 5 parks in the south for $145,000

I think it could be done. Have to insure it as a hunting club, which I understand is not real expensive. You would have to really read the insurance to be sure what is covered. Limit hunting to sling shots and rock out!!!!

Theres a club up here Miami valley fourwheelers that rent or lease part of a farm from a guy. I don't know any of the details but they've had it as long as I can remember. The hardest part seems like it would be finding someone that doesn't care if they're property gets ruined.

AdamF said:
Theres a club up here Miami valley fourwheelers that rent or lease part of a farm from a guy. I don't know any of the details but they've had it as long as I can remember. The hardest part seems like it would be finding someone that doesn't care if they're property gets ruined.

Ruined for what?

Logging? Nope
Mining? Nope
Hunting? Nope

Maybe if you wanted to "nature hike" with your hover boots on, then 4 wheeling might ruin the property for that.

As long as people cut trails and stick to them (not making 1000 bypasses around the obstacle for Gayzers and Cheerleader jeeps)

Most people that aren't into wheeling will see cutting trails, rutting up hill sides and making giant mud holes as ruining a piece of land.

Well the way I see it, is like said abovejust don't go cutting trails all over the world.. Cut your main trails and, worst case scenario after the lease is up if we didn't want to renew it, what it takes maybe a year or two for it to grow back over... Just figure there someone would land somewhere with decent hills and rocks that's not doing a damn thing with itthat would love to have the money.. Now finding that person and the land that's a different story... But you can bet your ass for 500 a year so I would be IN!! No-brainer.
Also for 145,000 like mentioned up above, how many acres was that? Anyone know ?

kushKrawlin said:
Well the way I see it, is like said abovejust don't go cutting trails all over the world.. Cut your main trails and, worst case scenario after the lease is up if we didn't want to renew it, what it takes maybe a year or two for it to grow back over... Just figure there someone would land somewhere with decent hills and rocks that's not doing a damn thing with itthat would love to have the money.. Now finding that person and the land that's a different story... But you can bet your ass for 500 a year so I would be IN!! No-brainer.
Also for 145,000 like mentioned up above, how many acres was that? Anyone know ?

100 acres of the best natural rock formations in all of the southeast

We leased land from Peabody Coal for trail riding. It was written up as a hunting lease but the land agent knew us and was good with us cutting trails on the property. They required a 1 million dollar liability policy before leasing . We had the property for 10 years , they did a property swap with a land owner so they could mine what he owned. Sure was nice having your own place.