• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Simple solution to For Sale ads... Let's discuss Pictures / Links

P

If its free, its P
So we all are suffering through old Forum blues currently.

Is there ANY reason not to allow folks to use links in thier for sale ads ? I believe we can all agree that having some great deals and ads in the classifieds area is beneficial AF to activity on the forums.

What say the masses , lighten up a little and allow links to pictures on For Sale items ?

P

I think the main logic is viruses. I'll be honest. I'm not sure how prevalent that stuff is these days.

Also, it kinda pisses me off a little when people make a nice, well thought out ad for another forum and then give us nothing but a link. I'd say allow a link to another place for pics, but still require price and location to be clearly stated.

*Public service announcement*
If you want to sell something, answer all the questions you would have if you were looking to buy it.

I shouldn't have to ask you how much you want for it or where I can pick it up!

I don't need a 10 digit grid, but a zip code is not enough. Don't make me google the zip code. And for Fawks sake, NW PA is not a location. City and state please!

Well said Creepy Crawly. I agree, need a price and a location (city and state!), but links to pics are ok by me.

Allow pic links but require city and state. Also allow flaming if they are a dumbass or wont respond to questions in the ad. :JRich:

creepycrawly said:
I think the main logic is viruses. I'll be honest. I'm not sure how prevalent that stuff is these days.

Also, it kinda pisses me off a little when people make a nice, well thought out ad for another forum and then give us nothing but a link. I'd say allow a link to another place for pics, but still require price and location to be clearly stated.

*Public service announcement*
If you want to sell something, answer all the questions you would have if you were looking to buy it.

I shouldn't have to ask you how much you want for it or where I can pick it up!

I don't need a 10 digit grid, but a zip code is not enough. Don't make me google the zip code. And for Fawks sake, NW PA is not a location. City and state please!

I agree with this 100x's if the ad is half assed my interest goes to 0 automatically, not that i'm rich enough to buy **** often.

infamous1 said:
Allow pic links but require city and state. Also allow flaming if they are a dumbass or wont respond to questions in the ad. :JRich:

The life cycle of a crappy seller.....

(post count 1)
For Sell
Race Ready Buggy. You know whats Up. Call for more details.

2 weeks later (Post count 2)

BUMP Somebody needs a killer buggy. I am stupid for letting it go this cheap.

3 weeks later (post count 4)
Moderator Please delete, Decided to keep it and be cooler than everyone else.

2 years later (post count 4)
All I know is I listed a buggy one time and folks picked my ad apart and got all pissy. This place sucks anyway, all the web wheelers do is bash people and turn away real off roaders. I am out of here.

1 year later (post count 6).......wash, rinse, repeat.......
DANA 60 built right $3900 Call for more details

I agree shitty ads are a waste of time, if you're to lazy to put decent details and location info then flame away IMO :****:

That said specifically to linked photos. I don't have an issue to it. Doesn't mean your market can see it ( registered forum links etc ) but even I have a 1 in 10 chance of getting Tapatalk to work and get a pic posted.

What about folks who only want to list things on here who wont have a link to somewhere else?

It is so nice to not have to expose yourself to all the dumbass cl & fb questions and trade offers :****:

Personally I have no issues clicking a link to see something posted For Sale/Sell/Sail/Cell, but part of the issue is the potential for viruses.

Another part of the issue (at least with Craigslist links) is after 30 days, assuming the seller doesn't renew the ad, the link is dead and any pictures are dead too.

muddinmetal said:
What about folks who only want to list things on here who wont have a link to somewhere else?

It is so nice to not have to expose yourself to all the dumbass cl & fb questions and trade offers :****:

I agree, is there a way we can fix the picture posting feature on here. I tried for a couple weeks a while back with the crapatalk and it was having issues but finally worked. I remember the good ole days when you could just do it on the site.

My biggest beef is the lack of a location in ads, pirate is the worst. I've been on forums that require at least the state in the subject line of the ad and it's built in to the subject line in the classified section. The tapatalk picture issue is irritating as well.

I'm not going to lie. I have no problems with the picture posting on Tapatalk. I'll get a random weird error when I post in general. But I always report it to Tapatalk and they email me back saying it's fixed.

That said, I'm fine with clicking a link. And I agree location and price is a must.

Just curious and not comparing Hardline to this other site...just looking to see if Hardline could be improved to allow picture posting in the same manner as NC4x4.com. I've never had an issue posting a picture there...the program resizes the images and makes the available instantly. If we had that functionality here on Hardline wouldn't that alleviate most of the issues?

https://nc4x4.com/forum/

There's one other thing I really wish we could improve as well. It's damn near impossible to successfully search this site...specifically the for sale section. For example...

If I go to the Search page and type in "dana" and choose to list results by "most recent first" and then choose to only search "off road 4x4 parts for sale" the most recent results it gives me start in 2012. Right now there are 4 posts on the first page of this section with "dana" in the title. Makes no sense...

My .02

Links may contain viruses... :dunno:

Lazy Fawks with less than 2 posts posting ad for "Potsing my stedpads nabors bruthers badass lawnguys sisters daddees boyfrends uncle who use to wheel his step mommies AMC Pacer's son's jeep...Coll hem fer detals" :drinkers:
If ya'll knew how many of these ads I have shutdown and deleted, you'd be amazed.

No matter what comes out of this, I am going to make it mandatory a minimum post count before I will allow links to pictures. PERIOD.

ADMINISTRATOR

CHASMAN9 said:
My .02

ADMINISTRATOR

I don't really get on the link-virus deal?

You literally click hundreds of links every time you get on the internet. And most browsers are set up to block the stupid annoying spam/malware anyway.

The Luke said:
I'm not going to lie. I have no problems with the picture posting on Tapatalk. I'll get a random weird error when I post in general. But I always report it to Tapatalk and they email me back saying it's fixed.

That said, I'm fine with clicking a link. And I agree location and price is a must.

This is the only site I'm on that tapatalk pics don't work. I don't get it.

CHASMAN9 said:
My .02

Lazy Fawks with less than 2 posts posting ad for "Potsing my stedpads nabors bruthers badass lawnguys sisters daddees boyfrends uncle who use to wheel his step mommies AMC Pacer's son's jeep...Coll hem fer detals" :drinkers:
If ya'll knew how many of these ads I have shutdown and deleted, you'd be amazed.

No matter what comes out of this, I am going to make it mandatory a minimum post count before I will allow links to pictures. PERIOD.

ADMINISTRATOR

A minimum post count while sounds good, also puts folks off that are ONLY looking for parts or to sell some stuff. There is ALWAYS going to be dumbassery , I just feel like making classifieds easier to use saves alot of moderating crap and gets us by in the mean time. This place use to be the **** for picking up used stuff and or selling things. Needs to be easy to use is my point. And we shouldn't have to babysit so many posts because the issues with pics and all the " rules ". If you get a virus chasing boner pill links that's on you old man :flipoff1: