• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

weird fuel issues have arisen?

skipnrocks

So in my blue buggy I have wheeled it for the past four years without issue. This spring in moab I noticed that the fuel was being pushed out of the tank even when flat riding, a problem I had never had. On top of that I started having fuel starvation issues on very steep climbs.

I am wondering if these two problems are related at all since they started at the same time.

The tank builder suggested that if a zip tie had been tightened on the vent line it could cause this but I am not sure how that would work, I have also not had time to pull the body and check this theory. My main thoughts and concerns are that it is draining far more than an "overfill" would cause. If fuel is being forced into the vent sealing it when climbing would it cause a vapor lock situation.

For perspective the vent comes out at the high point runs to the back of the tank across the back then back to the front and then out the bottom of the buggy.

I suppose I could make the pass back across the front of the tank and could see how that would help off camber but not sure how that would have any impact as to why it now forces fuel out on the flat