• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Who can bend 1/4 wall tube

jeeptj99

Gregg if this needs to be moved please move it.

Can anyone bend 2" 1/4 wall tube near Chattanooga? Our bender won't do it and my dad is needing to bend his links roughly 25-30 degrees to clear his tires on his jeep.

Steel Plate Favricators in Knoxville is the only people local to me that can do it. They have an 80 ton press. 865-522-7200

Plus, gives you an excuse to come hang out. :drinkers: :driving:

I'm 99% sure that Rock Solid Fab (Tyler Garrett) has a bender that can... He is the shop foreman at Tom's 4x4.

If you know anyone with a rogue fab bender with a 2" die, they should be able to do it. They can do up to 2" solid. Just sayin. ;)

I bent my arms with a harbor freight bender. Probly bout the same as your trying to. It takes bout all the jack will push but it will bo it.

Depending on what type of shop press and bender you have its pretty easy to do.

I used a cheap-o 40 ton press and my JD2 2"x180° die along with a little fab/welding of a bottom saddle and put 30° "kinks" in a set of lowers. The bottom form was just some heavy blocks welded to the press bed ..I split some 2" ID tube and used it as a buffer between the blocks and the links . The tube was packed with sand because I'd heard it helped it keep its shape but I don't know how necessary it was. The die needed a flat plate tacked across the "V" for the ram to push on but none of the welded stuff was permeate.

I did try with the bender itself at first and once I added a big ass handle extension I was gonna shear the pins and destroy the follower shoes if I kept going.

Re: Re: Who can bend 1/4 wall tube

Bronco72 said:
I bent my arms with a harbor freight bender. Probly bout the same as your trying to. It takes bout all the jack will push but it will bo it.
I've saved my HF Kinker just for occasions like these. Anyone around you have one of these?

The HF kinker is kinda what I modeled my setup after , I just wasn't gonna drop $100 for two bends.

94xjsport94 said:
I'm 99% sure that Rock Solid Fab (Tyler Garrett) has a bender that can... He is the shop foreman at Tom's 4x4.

He was actually my first call since I've known him 25 years but he can't. He has the same bender as we do. Can't remember which one it is but it won't do 1/4 wall.

5BrothersFabrication said:
Steel Plate Favricators in Knoxville is the only people local to me that can do it. They have an 80 ton press. 865-522-7200

Plus, gives you an excuse to come hang out. :drinkers: :driving:

Might have to do that. Always down for some beer :drinkers:

Don't have access to a bender that'll do 1/4" but wanted to say it was nice meeting you Saturday. Hate you broke and didn't get to ride with us.

xjmarc said:
Don't have access to a bender that'll do 1/4" but wanted to say it was nice meeting you Saturday. Hate you broke and didn't get to ride with us.

Good to meet you to I'll be back and we will ride soon. Found out when I broke last weekend it was more than the rcv popping apart again. The locker went with it to I think that's why the rcv came apart was the shock. But who knows. It's all torn apart hopefully have it together this week sometime.

jeeptj99 said:
He was actually my first call since I've known him 25 years but he can't. He has the same bender as we do. Can't remember which one it is but it won't do 1/4 wall.

Might have to do that. Always down for some beer :drinkers:

Well nevermind, I'm useless. I thought a lot of big booty Judy jk was 2".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

94xjsport94 said:
Well nevermind, I'm useless. I thought a lot of big booty Judy jk was 2".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's 1/4 wall. Could be but I don't think. And I think his links are straight. I haven't rode with taylor in like 2 years so my memory could be wrong. Supposed to meet up with him and david at rbd though.