• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

WUD - Mother's Day Run Report (the Ahtanum)

Ceg

Here is the link to the WUD Wheelers Mother's Day Run Report (with pictures): http://cegranch.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=441

2006-05-14-04.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Ceg. . .you really need to go on a snow run with us. I think that it would be a real eye opener.

Two weeks ago, we wheeled up the middle Fork past Tree Phones and to the top of Darland before 11:00AM, then went down the north fork and back up half way to Blue Lake before it got too late so we headed back down the North Fork past Snow Cabin and out.

. . .and it isn't like we're set up all that much different than your group. 33" to 37" tires aired down in single digits is all it takes. If the guys with 31s and 32s stay towards the back of the group, they can make it too. We had a stock TJ on 30x9.50s on the top of Nasty Creek flats in 8' of snow a couple of years ago. . .and we follow the tread lightly rules. Keep me in the loop for your next run up there if you don't mind and I'll bring along a couple of other rigs.

OldGreen said:
Keep me in the loop for your next run up there if you don't mind and I'll bring along a couple of other rigs.
I never thought of posting the run here. One of the guys you wheeled up to Darland is on my WUD forum. He had talked about coming. I was hoping that he would get some of you guys to come with him. His name on the forum is "commando14". Everyone is welcome to post on the WUD Forum. This is where we post our Eastern Washington runs.
I will track you down next time we do an open run.:D

KarlVP said:
Looks like a blast. A run on mothers day though? That's especially hardcore.
That is what my wife has asked to do the last three years for Mother's Day. To do a little wheelin' at the Ahtanum with the kids. She is due to to have another baby in August. She will then be the mother of 5. I need a longer XJ for car seats.