• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New battery what's the best

Chuck19

I have been using optima battery's and had good luck but I'm going to buy a new battery for a current project and just wonder if there is a better option ?

Re:

New optima's are pretty bad from what I've heard. I run O'Reillys AGM batteries and haven't killed one, so I've got that going for me

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Re:

Duracell's, xspower... Anything with bolt in connection is best.
Those are both stereo batteries but with that comes huge amp ratings. Both of those brands are tanks

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

You can't be to Sears platinum 34/78 four year replacement warranty any Sears nationwide don't need a receipt because it's in the computer they're made by Odyssey battery

The yellow and blue top optimas are made by Johnson controls and are still good batteries.

The red tops suck.

Here is a recent similar thread over on NC4x4 that has some good info.

http://www.nc4x4.com/index.php?threads/Time-for-a-battery.165549/

I haven't had an optima last more than a year in the last 7yrs.. Optima finally stopped warrantying the batteries (after "optima Jim" paid a special visit to my shop to try and blame the battery problems on the rigs they were in). I've since switched to Deka intimidators, and they are awesome...Price is good, and I am going on 3yrs of hard use in 7 different vehicles (boat, jetski's, truck, jeep) with no issues.

fl-krawler said:
I haven't had an optima last more than a year in the last 7yrs.. Optima finally stopped warrantying the batteries (after "optima Jim" paid a special visit to my shop to try and blame the battery problems on the rigs they were in). I've since switched to Deka intimidators, and they are awesome...Price is good, and I am going on 3yrs of hard use in 7 different vehicles (boat, jetski's, truck, jeep) with no issues.

I keep hearing story's like this, but I've been running them in everything I have, rigs, daily drivers, work trucks, vans, all our pool cleaners for several years, some over 10 years. I haven't had anything fail under 5 years of use. No complaints.

Another vote for Diehard Platinum Agm P4. Been going strong for 3 years in my rig. Don't forget about battery maintenance if its not a DD....

Im running a advance auto parts agm battery fit right into my optima battery tray.. Had them on sale for $140 and heard a lot of good things about them so I went for it... Love it so far..

Re: Re: New battery what's the best

natedawgxj said:
Im running a advance auto parts agm battery fit right into my optima battery tray.. Had them on sale for $140 and heard a lot of good things about them so I went for it... Love it so far..
You can usually find an online coupon code for "40$ off any purchase over 100$". Its usually"big40". Then jus choose in store pickup. 100$ battery.

I finally gave up on my Optima Yellow top and bought a new X2 today. Came with a 5 year warranty, a $20 mail in rebate and they knocked 10% off the top as well.

From what I researched their new "lead plate" design is a huge improvement over the optima's spiral wound tech. Odyssey, Sears DieHard Platinum and X2 are all good lead plate style AGM batteries. Their lead plates are said to be able to withstand the bumps and bounces much better which helps them maintain their reserve time and charging capacity.

Attachments

• x2power.jpg
    x2power.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 139