• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rockwell offroad again

slytowncrawler2

Do work son
I wanna preface this by saying I'm no Bobby tanner or Tim Cameron ..... My buggy according to jims performance should be about 380 ish horsepower. I'd be glad if it was 350hp lol. As alot of you know I purchased a set of their shafts an was greatly disappointed within three hrs of hitting the trails at aop. I destroyed both shafts :(. RO was great. They refunded my money and I turned around and order ouversons for the rear. Problem solved. Atleast on my end.
I told them to keep me up to date as they fixed the material problem .... As I still needed front molies..... And soon. A week before we left for Harlan they sent me the new shafts to try out.... I was skeptical and took enough spares to rebuild the front and rear if need be. Well after a weekend of pure torture.... For what it's worth.... I can put my seal of approval on them. I climbed everything in Harlan and these shafts never quit. My ouversons did what we all knew they would do but after several top end of second gear smashes into ledges and under cuts even the skeptics in our crew started to give the nod of approval on the front end ......
I knew the under cut on pony hill was gone be bad.... But I knew I wasn't gone crawl it..... Most of y'all have seen that hole. I hit it too end of second an these shafts never flinched. I ran them down some a month or two ago but I gotta say they have them figured out now. Not sure when the new shipment will be in but I'm sure Lonzo can fill y'all in..... Was so nice to beat my **** with no regard an the shafts stay in for a change.

Thanks for the update I've been wondering what you did with your shaft problems. Glad these new shafts are holding up

What joints are you running and are they 16 spline? How much is a set of RO shafts?

Humpy I'm running the stock greasable joints from RO.... I've never broke a joint but have lost count on shafts. I'm still running the 16 spline stuff.... We are for the most part trail runners..... But we try to climb everything a park has to offer and usually do. The shafts are $1099 without joints that includes shipping.

slytowncrawler2 said:
Humpy I'm running the stock greasable joints from RO.... I've never broke a joint but have lost count on shafts. I'm still running the 16 spline stuff.... We are for the most part trail runners..... But we try to climb everything a park has to offer and usually do. The shafts are $1099 without joints that includes shipping.

Thank you. Do you run the boots on your Rockwell?

slytowncrawler2 said:
Naw Boots are overrated humpy lol. I've never ran them:/. Or atleast run them an not destroy them. No comment ray????????

On boots. Only way u got them to lI've was with boot guards and then they still will Crack after a while

1tonyj said:
On boots. Only way u got them to lI've was with boot guards and then they still will Crack after a while

I added the boot guards last year. They help some but I always run a stick in them oh well!!

slytowncrawler2 said:

Good enough for me...I'm in...I can do both axles for price of one set of ouversons...I'm not a bouncer but def hard core trails

Thx for the review I have been waiting for another axle option to come alive

Humpy said:
Good enough for me...I'm in...I can do both axles for price of one set of ouversons...I'm not a bouncer but def hard core trails

Thx for the review I have been waiting for another axle option to come alive

I fully expect 3 more options to be available before you even start to irking on yours again. :stir: