• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

05 dodge ctd

uhohhotdog151

thinkin about buying a 05 dodge with the cummins, 6spd, 4dr, 3/4 ton, 4wd. 150k on the clock. so for all you guys with similar rigs what do you think? what kind of mileage? power? is it worth it to chip it? what did you pay?

drive great, steering is awesome compared to the older ones like mine. Brakes work awesome. I'd suggest the same thing I put on my Dad's. a Smarty and a prodigy brake controller. The Smarty bumped his mileage to 20-21 on average (a 2-3 mpg gain). He did add exhaust too, duals seemed to be the best for him, kept the interior noise nice and quiet.

Ive got same truck, except with a auto. Love mine. Drives great and hauls even better. I just turned 75K on mine and havent had any issues so far with mine. With the 6spd you should be able to get 18+ MPG stock. Chip is worth every penny. Either a Smarty with mechanical gauges or a Edge Juice with attitude, can't go wrong with either.

i wouldn't recommend an EDGE product to anyone. They have such a poor reliability record. I threw a SRT10 A pillar on my Dad's with just an EGT gauge since they seem to like to run warm. But the smarty did lower the egt's as well.

i wouldn't recommend an EDGE product to anyone. They have such a poor reliability record. I threw a SRT10 A pillar on my Dad's with just an EGT gauge since they seem to like to run warm. But the smarty did lower the egt's as well.

i agree!
and when the clutch go's out. south bend all the way!

Haven't had a problem with mine yet, so i can't say much bad about them. Have also ran them in a both my old F350's with no issue. Maybe I just got lucky

Haven't had a problem with mine yet, so i can't say much bad about them. Have also ran them in a both my old F350's with no issue. Maybe I just got lucky

it's certainly not 100%. But they do have a 60% failure rate on their attitude monitors. And 30 or 40% (can't remember exactly) on the boxes themselves. So yea you can easily be one of the lucky ones. But that's too high of a failure rate for me.