• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

05+ SD60 wheels

DarkHollowBouncer46

I have been looking and searching trying to find what wheels will fit my SD60 with no luck. It seems nobody has a straight answer. I bought a set of racelines and stickies off of a guy and they will not clear my steering. Any body know what wheel will work? What backspacing/ offset?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATX Chamber Pro II with JHF Steer arms

bkJcFvAh.jpg

J8D2mXIh.jpg

pJIKj2Oh.jpg

I went with Trailready HD17's. 8 on 170mm with 4.5in backspacing. I'm running the Weaver Fabrication high steer arms. I probably could have gone with 4.75in backspacing, but that would've been a little close for comfort.

idleryj46 said:
I have been looking and searching trying to find what wheels will fit my SD60 with no luck. It seems nobody has a straight answer. I bought a set of racelines and stickies off of a guy and they will not clear my steering. Any body know what wheel will work? What backspacing/ offset?

What is the backspacing on the racelines that you bought? I might be willing to take them off your hands if the price is right.

Thanks guys I got ahold of Goforth and he was kinda unsure. But I also contacted Jake Burkey and for anybody else that may be wondering he said with a 9" wheel you could get by with 4.5" backspacing and with a 10" you would need 3.5". But the wheels are brand new I talked to Goforth about trading them towards the backspacing that I need. So next Wednesday there will be a nice set of raceline wheels with 4.5" backspacing for sale at Goforth for a less than new price.
428788c5b45b034b742daadf36805e43.jpg

idleryj46 said:
They are 10" wide 4.5" back spacing.

Like TBItoy commented, width is independent of backspacing. Those wheels should fit your SD60. What high steer arms are you running?

waggener1 said:
Like TBItoy commented, width is independent of backspacing. Those wheels should fit your SD60. What high steer arms are you running?

Will be running the four wheel supply machined set up that tie into the stock location.......With the 4.5" the stock steering arm is close to being inside the wheel.

Same problem here with the same BS wheels and four wheel supply arms.

You can swap them side to side to gain about 1" of clearance but you loose the ability to tie you bolt back in the stock lower holes.

I'm going to make my own steering arms for that reason.

idleryj46 said:
Will be running the four wheel supply machined set up that tie into the stock location.......With the 4.5" the stock steering arm is close to being inside the wheel.

I took a look at the 4 Wheel Supply arms on their website, and I see what you're talking about now.

I have allied beadlocks on my jeep, you have to call them to order it with the bolt pattern. They are 17x9s with 4in? Backspacing. But keep width in mind, I am around 86in wide so I had to make drive over fenders on my trailer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, here's a picture of the clearance between my wheel and high steer arm. It's difficult to see the measurement, but there's approximately .625" clearance. A 5" backspace wheel would've been uncomfortably close.

Trail Ready HD17 with 4.5" backspacing
Weaver Fabrication high steer arm

Waggener

Could you give me the measurement from the center of the knuckle (where the BJ is) to the center of the hole on your Weaver fab arm please ?

Latest posts